Delaware 28 existed between 1938 and the mid 1970s along the County Seat Highway (U.S. 9) between Laurel and Georgetown. The state highway eventually became the western or southern leg of the extended U.S. 9 when the Diamond State brought the federal highway over from Cape May, New Jersey via the Cape May-Lewes Ferry. The new U.S. 9 overtook Delaware 18 westward from Lewes to Georgetown and Delaware 28 from Georgetown to Laurel.
Historic Delaware 28 Mileage Table
|Historic Western terminus
||Historic Eastern terminus
|Laurel at U.S. 13
||Delaware 18 in Georgetown
||Georgetown Rd, Road 28, Market St
Historic Delaware 28 2002 Annual Average Daily Traffic (AADT)
Historic Delaware 28 Terminus Collection
| The current southern terminus of U.S.
9 represents the historic west end of Delaware 28.
| The junction of U.S. 9 & Delaware 18 in Georgetown composes the former eastern end of Delaware 28.
Historic Delaware 28 Other Highway Sites
Page Updated May 23, 2004