News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Buc-ees outside of Texas.

Started by roadman65, June 07, 2019, 10:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffandnicole

Quote from: 74/171FAN on April 11, 2024, 05:39:43 PMIf I had to choose between Bucee's and South of the Border, I would choose Bucee's every single time.

The 2 are about as polar opposites as one could get.  High gas prices vs Low gas prices.  Trucks vs. No Trucks.  Skanks vs. No Skanks...

Jim

Clean bathrooms vs. "No thanks" bathrooms.
Photos I post are my own unless otherwise noted.
Signs: https://www.teresco.org/pics/signs/
Travel Mapping: https://travelmapping.net/user/?u=terescoj
Counties: http://www.mob-rule.com/user/terescoj
Twitter @JimTeresco (roads, travel, skiing, weather, sports)

SSOWorld

Squeegees? vs definitely no Squeegees.
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

sprjus4

Quote from: SSOWorld on April 11, 2024, 09:21:30 PMSqueegees? vs definitely no Squeegees.
That, and the lack of seating. Besides that, I'm picking Buc-ee's any day of the year.

Rothman

Quote from: sprjus4 on April 11, 2024, 10:20:32 PM
Quote from: SSOWorld on April 11, 2024, 09:21:30 PMSqueegees? vs definitely no Squeegees.
That, and the lack of seating. Besides that, I'm picking Buc-ee's any day of the year.

Meh.  The one in Bastrop, TX was overrun this past weekend.  People were waiting in line for the pumps.  I just kept going on my way to a more convenient station without the crowd.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

SSOWorld

I only stopped at 3 Buc-ee's during my trip over the last week.  Denton, Madisonville, and Katy. They're not convenient.  All are outside central city limits and you're likely to use one only if driving between cities - and at that, you're more likely to stop at a different brand like QT, Stripes, or Loves. I'm exiting Texas today from Fort Worth with a near full tank so I don't expect to refuel until I'm in Oklahoma.
Scott O.

Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
Raise your what?

SEWIGuy

What about Wally's? There are only a couple of them, but I stopped on the one on I-55 and thought it was way nicer than any Buc-ee's I have been to.

SSOWorld

I only did Bud-ee's while in TX - the first, because first one - the second two - most convenient.  Otherwise I just plain picked a gas station.  As far as Wally's is concerned, They need to expand out.  They're not yet established outside IL and MO.  Neither place is on my route either.
Scott O.

Raise your what?

m2tbone

I know of two more Wally's that have been announced.  Indiana will get one on I-65 north of Indianapolis, and Missouri's second location will be along I-70 in Independence.

iPad Pro

Rothman

Quote from: SSOWorld on April 12, 2024, 06:48:39 PMI only did Bud-ee's while in TX - the first, because first one - the second two - most convenient.  Otherwise I just plain picked a gas station.  As far as Wally's is concerned, They need to expand out.  They're not yet established outside IL and MO.  Neither place is on my route either.

Go to them.  Don't wait for them to come to you.  Take initiative.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

epzik8

Quote from: SEWIGuy on April 12, 2024, 08:47:44 AMWhat about Wally's? There are only a couple of them, but I stopped on the one on I-55 and thought it was way nicer than any Buc-ee's I have been to.

We need our own thread for this Wally's.
From the land of red, white, yellow and black.

My clinched highways: http://tm.teresco.org/user/?u=epzik8
My clinched counties: http://mob-rule.com/user-gifs/USA/epzik8.gif

SSOWorld

Quote from: epzik8 on April 14, 2024, 06:41:08 AM
Quote from: SEWIGuy on April 12, 2024, 08:47:44 AMWhat about Wally's? There are only a couple of them, but I stopped on the one on I-55 and thought it was way nicer than any Buc-ee's I have been to.

We need our own thread for this Wally's.
nah, only 2 Wally's right now and both in separate states.  :bigass:
Scott O.

Raise your what?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.