News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Highway 407/418 construction

Started by Alps, July 17, 2016, 09:09:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alps

What is the current/near future (as of end August 2016) status of the Highway 407 extension and future 418? Is there construction worth seeing? Is there a good detailed map that I can find without crashing my browser going through the ETR website?

AsphaltPlanet

A map can be found here.  Not much to see yet, aside from some moved earth:

http://www.407eastphase2.ca/detailed-map/
AsphaltPlanet.ca  Youtube -- Opinions expressed reflect the viewpoints of others.

Alps

I was trying to get there before and my browser couldn't handle it. Thanks.
Now, is there a Detailed Construction Schedule that says when at least grading begins?

AsphaltPlanet

If there is a detailed construction schedule publicly available I haven't seen it.  The sections that will be opening the soonest are segments C1 and D1A, so those should be the most advanced.  I think they may have girders up on the Winchester Road bridge at the western end of the project, but the vantage point that showed off that segment of the highway that we looked at after the Toronto meet has been removed and is no longer easily accessible.
AsphaltPlanet.ca  Youtube -- Opinions expressed reflect the viewpoints of others.

chays

Apologies from raising a thread from the dead, but this project is big enough to be revived.  I was curious as the current state of the 407 and 418 projects.  I read somewhere that the 418 was proceeded ahead of schedule.  Does anyone think that this might be finished in 2019?  What about the 407 extension to 115?

AsphaltPlanet

The construction company building the highway sent out an email blast a month or two ago indicating that the highways would be done by the end of this year. Most of the highway has a least some form of pavement in it now, and most of the bridges have been completed as well.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.