News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

US 169 KC sinage: someone's noticed

Started by route56, May 31, 2010, 10:47:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

route56

http://ktoc.net/group_discussion.aspx?DiscussionID=ced336b459e04c1d9f467a990acdc049

A contributer to KDOT's own online forum has mentioned the fact that the singage for US 169 has not been applied to its new alignment.

I posted a reply also noting that US 169 signage has been pulled from the Shawnee Mission Parkway and Rainbow/7th, as confirmed during the KC roadgeek meet.

I also looked at this user's profile... he's currently in Lawrence.... maybe a new roadgeek prospect? ;)
Peace to you, and... don't drive like my brother.

R.P.K.

huskeroadgeek

Interesting-I wasn't aware that they had removed US 169 from Metcalf because it was still on some of the I-435 signs the last time I was through there. I thought maybe they had just forgot to put the US 169 marker on some of the newer signs. I guess I should read my 2010 atlas closer-it's correct on there(and somewhat surprisingly on Google Maps too).

ShawnP

How about Missouri 269 on I-35 that's a big sign era.

situveux1

So, I know this topic hasn't been posted on for months, but I just came across this forum again. I would be the mysterious poster on KTOC. We have moved to the Wichita area from Lawrence, so I don't know if they ever corrected the signs or not. I thought maybe someone could say, if anybody checks this thread again. As for google maps, I've submitted probably over a hundred things they needed to change that weren't correct, and overall they've been pretty responsive. For instance, they still had K-38 in south central Kansas still on its maps even though it was removed over a decade ago. They've corrected it since I submitted a problem report. The one I can never seem to get any response on though is the new US-59 in Franklin County. For some reason they refuse to acknowledge there is a new freeway there. In any case, I'll try and monitor this forum more often, it's very interesting. (And kind of weird to find out there are other people out there just as interested in roads as I am!)

ShawnP

Welcome to Road Geek land..........We are geeks and proud of it.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.