News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

aaroads.com topics in 2064

Started by bugo, October 24, 2014, 07:30:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugo

"I-49 construction between Alma and Texarkana to begin in 2076, Bella Vista bypass to be completed in 2066, no funding for Arkansas River bridge"

"New Jersey Turnpike decommissioned, turned back to local control"

"Last steel truss bridge in the USA demolished"

"National speed limit reduced to 45 MPH by President Chelsea Clinton"

1995hoo

"Pennsylvania to construct interchange between I-95 and Turnpike"
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

jeffandnicole

Quote from: bugo on October 24, 2014, 07:30:37 AM

Wouldn't she be 94 years old by then?

adventurernumber1

"Big projects in Georgia"

The Atlanta Metropolitan Area has reached a number of 10 million people! GDOT has decided it's time to build an Outer Atlanta Beltway now that Atlanta's suburbs have reached Chattanooga on the northwest, Greenville on the northeast, Columbus on the southwest, and Macon on the south. Also, it has been decided to resurface I-75 in north GA since its been 65 years since the last resurfacing. GDOT thinks it isn't safe for cars to drive on overgrown asphalt with patches of tall grass.
Now alternating between different highway shields for my avatar - my previous highway shield avatar for the last few years was US 76.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127322363@N08/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-vJ3qa8R-cc44Cv6ohio1g

jeffandnicole

"Self-Driving Cars: Why do they leave so much room between each other?  2 feet is enough.  5 feet is excessive"

NE2

Garden State Parkway relocated to Appalachians to avoid rising sea levels
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

spooky

Quote from: jeffandnicole on October 24, 2014, 07:53:43 AM

National speed limit reduced to 45 MPH by President Malia Obama

roadman65

Caltrans will have left fewer roads to worry about cause the LA and San Diego area will get hit by the big one causing part of California to fall into the Ocean.

Florida will have sunk into the sea leaving I-95 with its southern terminus someplace north of Jacksonville.

Off roads though, but the NY Jets will be in their second Super Bowl.  Sorry I had to add this one in, but true the way they have always played since the days of Joe Namath..

Back to roads,  I-69 will finally be completed through Arkansas.

The I-69 bridge across the Ohio River will be allocated funds to build.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

bugo

Quote from: jeffandnicole on October 24, 2014, 07:53:43 AM

Hillary is an old woman and she's probably going to be president. Besides, in 2064 life expectancy may be a lot higher.

By the way, I have nothing against Chelsea. I kind of like Bill, but I can't stand Hilllary.

roadman65

Well you are right about that one Bugo.  Hillary will be president because there is no one else out there who is any good these days. 

Sheryl Crowe

formulanone

Quote from: NE2 on October 24, 2014, 08:00:05 AM
Garden State Parkway relocated to Appalachians to avoid rising sea levels

Favored way to clinch Tamiami Trail: bathescyth or submarine?

Atlanta-Huntsville highway completed (Hartsfield-Jackson Concourse ZZZZ)

If I perform an Immelmann Loop with my flying car just before an interstellar military base, does that count as a clinch?

freebrickproductions

Memphis-Huntsville-Atlanta freeway nearing completion.
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

formulanone

roadman65

How about I-99 being fully completed.

Sheryl Crowe

riiga

Is it finally time for the US to go metric?

corco

Why are we still using the internet?

jeffandnicole

"Will California be split into 6 states?"

Roadrunner75

"We're all out - Texas oil rig drill punches through into Chinese shopping mall"

Roadsguy

• Still no funds for Mon-Fayette Expressway's missing link
  • I-83 Master Plan to go to construction
  • PennDOT: "Why'd we build that stupid 202 parkway anyway?"
  • Off topic > Minecraft Plugin API release date announced
Mileage-based exit numbering implies the existence of mileage-cringe exit numbering.

jeffandnicole

"The Best/Worst of Electronic Signage"

pianocello

"Final stoplight on US 30 in Indiana removed"

Mass Transit: "Construction of Des Moines Amtrak station is underway"
Davenport, IA -> Valparaiso, IN -> Ames, IA -> Orlando, FL -> Gainesville, FL -> Evansville, IN

roadman

NTSB reveals "fatal" flaw in precast concrete bridge design - recommends reversion to steel trusses for new bridges
"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

"My life has been a tapestry
Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

freebrickproductions

Off Topic: World's Oldest Light Bulb Goes Out
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

bandit957

Might as well face it, pooing is cool

kurumi

Route 11 Divisive Topic in Gov Debates

Aidan/Braden Kinabalu and Bella Katniss Sophia McAllister's final debate showcased the perennial hot-button issue for southeastern Connecticut: what to do about Route 11. Conceived over 100 years ago as part of an expressway connecting New London to Hartford, construction stopped 92 years ago at Route 82 in Salem -- and never resumed.

Kinabalu blamed the incumbent Democrat for what he called "foot-dragging" by the Department of Transportation and Teleportation, and pointed to a stack of 142 environmental impact reports and studies, none of which have resulted in any actual construction. In June, the Army Black Mesa Corps of Engineers rejected a DOTT plan for a lower-profile proposal that would have resulted in lower impact to nearby wetlands. The extended Route 11 would narrow down to two 10-foot lanes, only one of them paved, with earthen barriers every two miles that would require drivers to get out and walk. Signs would be printed on material made from recycled Whole Foods bags with soy-based ink. Sign text would be generated from Maya Angelou poems using Markov chains. Animals would be trained to follow trails of synthetic formic acid pheromones to find their way to wide overcrossings. The latest cost projections are on the order of three to four billion yuan.

McAllister, fighting lower subscription numbers on her YouTube2 channel, and still battling criticism over a leaked Vine of her fall 2062 emotional affair with Kinabalu, called for a "throwback" Route 11 constructed much like the existing four-lane stretch in Colchester. "If the money didn't ran out in the 1970s, we are not even having this conversation lah," she said, her trademark fistful of black and white kittens thrust into the air. Helmeted police tossed xenomorph face-huggers into the crowd, signaling the end of the debate.

Comments
OMFG seriously do not read the comments. You should know this by now

(c) 2064, Boston Courant/Globe
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.