News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Dreams

Started by hbelkins, January 01, 2013, 02:51:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbelkins

There was a guy on "Roadgeek" who used to have weird road-related dreams and he'd post them there.

I had a doozy of one last night.

Doug K. and Steve A. hosted a meet at an Applebee's in Bennington, Vt. (I have no idea if there is even a Applebee's there, as I've only been to Bennington twice.)

My brother, who's two years younger, more conservative, more outspoken and less tolerant of BS than me, came along.

Sandor G. was there, and he and my brother got into a big argument over politics.

My biggest problem was not being able to check into Applebee's on Foursquare.

I didn't have any alcohol last night and hadn't eaten anything weird to cause such an odd dream.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Alps

Rest easy, no Applebee's. Also, Sandor would never be caught dead at a meet outside Ohio ;)

Special K

This would have been a better story if it was at a Bennigan's instead of Applebee's.

Sanctimoniously

Quote from: hbelkins on January 01, 2013, 02:51:38 PM

I guess if that was your biggest problem after all that, then the night wasn't so bad.
Quote from: Scott5114 on December 22, 2013, 06:27:29 AM
[tt]wow                 very cringe
        such clearview          must photo
much clinch      so misalign         wow[/tt]

See it. Live it. Love it. Verdana.

cpzilliacus

Quote from: Special K on January 01, 2013, 10:50:40 PM
This would have been a better story if it was at a Bennigan's instead of Applebee's.

Even better if it had been at a Waffle House!
Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

vtk

There was a guy on "Roadgeek"

Is that a defunct Yahoo! Group, or the old IRC channel on zuh.net, or what?
Wait, it's all Ohio? Always has been.

Dougtone

There are no Applebee's, Bennigan's or Waffle Houses in Bennington, VT.  Closest Applebee's location would probably either be in Pittsfield, MA or Latham, NY (an Albany suburb).  There is a Chili's in Bennington, though.

Also, the Roadgeek Yahoo! group still exists, as do a number of more regional Yahoo! groups.  They don't get as much traffic as they once did, especially with the AARoads Forum and Facebook.

Special K

Quote from: Dougtone on January 02, 2013, 06:41:14 AM
There are no Applebee's, Bennigan's or Waffle Houses in Bennington, VT.

It was a dream.

CanesFan27

There was a guy on "Roadgeek" who used to have weird road-related dreams and he'd post them there.

I had a doozy of one last night.

Doug K. and Steve A. hosted a meet at an Applebee's in Bennington, Vt. (I have no idea if there is even a Applebee's there, as I've only been to Bennington twice.)

My brother, who's two years younger, more conservative, more outspoken and less tolerant of BS than me, came along.

Sandor G. was there, and he and my brother got into a big argument over politics.

I didn't have any alcohol last night and hadn't eaten anything weird to cause such an odd dream.

Today's thanks for sharing award goes to....

1995hoo

Quote from: Special K on January 02, 2013, 07:13:12 AM
Quote from: Dougtone on January 02, 2013, 06:41:14 AM
There are no Applebee's, Bennigan's or Waffle Houses in Bennington, VT.

It was a dream.

Indeed. I had a dream recently in which I was flying on a Tu-144 (none of which have flown since the 1990s, and none in commercial service since the 1970s):

"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Quote from: Steve on January 01, 2013, 05:34:42 PM
Rest easy, no Applebee's. Also, Sandor would never be caught dead at a meet outside Ohio ;)

Has been 6 1/2 years since I last attended a meet outside of Ohio.
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

Alps

Quote from: Hot Rod Hootenanny on January 02, 2013, 06:04:54 PM
Quote from: Steve on January 01, 2013, 05:34:42 PM

Has been 6 1/2 years since I last attended a meet outside of Ohio.
And clearly you weren't caught dead there, or else you wouldn't be here now. :D

cjk374

Alot of my dreams are work-related (railroad).  If I dream about a derailment, I warn my whole crew about it so we can be on the lookout. 
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

Big John

One time I dreamed that a bridge section collapsed just in front of me and I couldn't stop in time and drowned, waking up thinking I just passed away.  Then that following day the same bridge I dreamed about failed inspection and was closed on emergency that day.

Grzrd

"Dr. Chandra ... do goats dream?"
A question from AL
2013: A Goat's Odyssey

vtk

If I spend a few hours doing something before sleep, I often dream about it.  Programming, driving, drawing maps or road signs.  I think this is especially true if I get hyperfocused on the task.

Takumi

The other day I dreamed I was in a rural part of Virginia and I came across a pair of interstate shields that had been reused as secondary route shields. They were still the red, white, and blue cutout 3di shield, but the "Interstate" in the red part had been covered, and the secondary route numbers (one was 630, one 636) crudely patched over whatever interstate was on there before. I walked over to them to take a picture, but then noticed Tony Stewart at a drive thru right next to where I was, so I went over and talked to him, but woke up before I went back to the shields.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Scott5114

I've had several road-related dreams in the past, but the only one that's memorable enough for me to recall right now is one I had when I was around eight or so. I was on a highway numbered 69, and the route shield was the face of one of the trains (I think one of the boxcars? it was square) from Thomas the Tank Engine, just with the number "69" superimposed over the face. It was rather freaky.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

KEK Inc.

I had a dream that I-3 was a thing in California.  I was north of Santa Barbara. 
Take the road less traveled.

Alps

Well, I dream about roads every night. Usually it's about taking photos, in one of three categories:
1) Not being able to take photos as I pass by things (i.e., nightmare)
2) Getting retakes or finally getting the photos I wasn't able to take in past dreams
3) Just a general photo-taking excursion, almost like real life.

I'm often driving in these, and usually end up walking - my brain blurs that transition very easily.

bugo

I had a dream the other day where the northern part of Mena, AR was a decaying developed commercial zone and there were 2 AR 88 cutout shields (although AR 88 doesn't go through this part of town.)  I was going to go steal them but woke up before I got the chance.  I have lucid dreams all the time, which often involve stealing cars and going on joyrides.

US71

Quote from: Grzrd on January 03, 2013, 11:29:24 PM
"Dr. Chandra ... do goats dream?"
A question from AL
2013: A Goat's Odyssey

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? ;)
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

NE2

Do Alanlands Dream of Electric Goats?
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Duke87

I've definitely had road-related dreams before but it's not a frequent occurrence. Then again, I rarely remember my dreams.

The most amusing excerpt I can think of involved driving westbound along I-90 in Boston, along the north shore of the Charles River (ignore, for dream sake, the fact that real world geography of the area is quite different). Visible ahead was an impressive truss bridge which crossed the entire river (which in the dream was about as wide as the Hudson River in NYC) with just one span. I then yelled out to the person who was driving (unidentified - and note that this dream was from before I learned how to drive), "look! It's the Came Bridge!" :-D

If you don't get it: the city of Cambridge, Massachusetts is in the real world about where this dream bridge would have been. But it is a city, not a bridge!

If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

vtk

Last night I dreamed that one of the Republican 2016 presidential candidates (I forget which) tried to gain positive publicity by somehow getting FUTURE I-73 signs on the highway between Columbus and Cleveland.  Nobody seemed to think it was dumb – apparently it wasn't already I-71.  My only problem with it was I-73 is supposed to go to Toledo instead.  So I was composing a tweet calling him out on this error when I got distracted and the dream changed to something else or ended.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.