News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Route 66 TV show - opening scenes

Started by roadman, September 20, 2016, 10:20:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman

Here's a fun one for all you Route 66 (the TV show, not roads by that number) fans out there.  What are some of the furthest points from the actual US 66 that an opening scene in an episode of the show was filmed?

My pick is the episode Birdcage On My Foot.  The opening sequence of this episode was filmed on Storrow Drive in Boston, which is approximately 990 miles away from the eastern terminus of US 66 at Jackson and Lake Shore Drive in Chicago.
"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

"My life has been a tapestry
Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

Otto Yamamoto

The conclusion of the series was filed on the Sunshine Skyway in Tampa. I think that qualifies.

XT1585

PHLBOS

One episode, Once to Every Man, takes place in Gloucester, MA (Cape Ann); I'm assuming it was filmed there as well.

Another episode called To Walk With the Serpent also took place in Boston.  One scene shows the now-gone double-decker ramps linking Storrow Drive to the Central Artery.  A scene in Concord shows the backs (sadly no fronts/faces) of a few cut-corner D6 signs that existed back then.
GPS does NOT equal GOD

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.