News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Counting With Song Titles

Started by Brian556, October 03, 2014, 01:41:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman65

A little off, but then again we have others on here who are more off lol!

The Jenny song, though not exactly what the OP intended has to be the all time song with a number in its title that generations will always know.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

1995hoo

Quote from: roadman65 on October 03, 2014, 11:30:37 AM
A little off, but then again we have others on here who are more off lol!

The Jenny song, though not exactly what the OP intended has to be the all time song with a number in its title that generations will always know.

It'd probably sound weird to today's kids, though, because it only has seven digits in the phone number rather than ten.

Getting back on topic: "20th Century Man" by the Kinks
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Roadrunner75

21st Century Schizoid Man by King Crimson

Zeffy

Life would be boring if we didn't take an offramp every once in a while

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

roadman65

Blonde Redhead has a song called 23.

Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Brandon

Chapter 24 by Pink Floyd

25 Miles by Edwin Starr (hey, let's get somewhat road-related!)
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

andrewkbrown

26 Miles (Santa Catalina) by The Four Preps.
Firefighter/Paramedic
Washington DC Fire & EMS

hbelkins

Calling dibs on "Poem 58" and "Questions 67 and 68" by Chicago when the thread gets that far.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Roadrunner75

I'm ready to use Rush's '2112' when we get to that number later today.  Begin debate on whether the title of a suite of songs counts:

Pete from Boston

I'm just going to list every song I've ever heard with a number in it because that's fun.

Coelacanth

Nothing to add here. Just wanted to point out that my Ipod is on random shuffle and "25 or 6 to 4" just started playing as I was reading the thread.

spooky

Laura

signalman

Laura

My Next Thirty Years written and performed by Phil Vassar.
Tim McGraw's version is the one that topped the country charts :)

jp the roadgeek

Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

bulldog1979

"32" by Danish electro-rock group Carpark North

"Thirty-Three" by The Smashing Pumpkins

"#34" by Dave Matthews Band

kurumi

(until now I thought the title was "everybody must get stoned" :-/)
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

Laura

national highway 1

"Set up road signs; put up guideposts. Take note of the highway, the road that you take." Jeremiah 31:21

mrsman

And that's great for this forum becuase the album cover has a picture of the CA-37 shield on it.

Pete from Boston

38 Special by... oh, who was that by...

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.