News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Old NY streetlight site?

Started by Pete from Boston, October 26, 2014, 12:59:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete from Boston

In the early days of me following road sites (late 1990s?) I remember a web site devoted to the shape and design of various New York streetlight designs.  It had a lot of information about different generations of light, and brought back a lot of memories of TBTA and parkway lighting (like the big, flat, capital-Y-yellow lights in the 70s). 

Anyone know what I'm talking about?  Is it still out there?  I'm not finding it.  Road people are pretty good about making sure the knowledge gets preserved.  If it went somewhere else, I'm curious where.   

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Pete from Boston

Thanks.  There's been a combination of google burying and searcher failure keeping me from finding that.

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Alex

Quote from: NE2 on October 26, 2014, 01:48:00 AM
I remembered the dude's name.

I referenced that site to Zeffy the other week and found it again by the webmaster's name as well. Knew it was Jeff something.

mapman1071

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.