News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

FHWA approves Loop 202 South Mountain Freeway

Started by Pink Jazz, March 10, 2015, 08:26:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony_JK

Quote from: Pink Jazz on May 03, 2016, 10:06:19 PM
Quote from: jakeroot on May 03, 2016, 07:29:10 PM
Quote from: Pink Jazz on May 03, 2016, 07:27:38 PM
ADOT and the FHWA have filed a motion to dismiss the lawsuit on April 25:
http://ktar.com/story/1054397/adot-feds-file-to-dismiss-lawsuits-challenging-south-mountain-freeway/

Hopefully they come out victorious after the hearing on May 11. Still, even if they do win, PARC has stated that they plan to try to appeal the ruling.

What happens if AZDOT/FHWA lose the lawsuit?

My guess is that the freeway would not be built and the owners of the homes that have already had their homes demolished would get a lot more money.

If ADOT comes out victorious, it would be cool to celebrate by posting a victory message on dynamic message signs statewide.

No, it would not be cool to use informational VMS's for political purposes. That's why we have press releases.

Pink Jazz

I just found out that even though the hearing will be today, the final ruling will actually be a few weeks from now. Let's hope that the judge rules in favor of ADOT and that she doesn't let her Native American heritage get in the way (that would be a major conflict of interest).

NE2

She's going to rule against it because she hates pink.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Pink Jazz

FYI, the final ruling is expected to be made by July 13 (probably a few days before).  Hopefully the judge is wise enough to rule in ADOT's favor and God is on ADOT's side.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.