News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

A-30 Updates

Started by Dr Frankenstein, October 02, 2011, 11:42:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Frankenstein

East section:

• Markings for aircraft patrol have been added on the Saint-Constant section. Young trees have also been planted along the highway.
  • Signs for the WB approach to the yet-to-be-opened Jean-Leman section have been installed on the existing highway, with destinations patched over.
  • Exit renumbering is underway through Brossard and Saint-Bruno. Some new gore signs are up too (old exit 120 among others).

West section:

• New overpasses are in service on QC-138 in Châteauguay and QC-205 in Beauharnois, however the existing A-30 and QC-132 are still cut off from QC-138.
  • The bridge in Saint-Timothée is progressing well. Beams are installed.
  • The bridge over the Beauharnois Canal only has pillars so far.

AsphaltPlanet

This is the new bridge over the Saint Lawrence taken in September.  I would have liked to have checked out the progress of the short tunnel when I took this photo, but alas, I was running out of daylight.
AsphaltPlanet.ca  Youtube -- Opinions expressed reflect the viewpoints of others.

Dr Frankenstein

I live less than an hour from there, and I didn't take the time check the tunnel out.

Another update; the Route 205 overpass, a few blocks from my house, opened yesterday.

ARMOURERERIC

So, is the main bridge over the St. Lawrence under construction yet?

Dr Frankenstein

It's the one AsphaltPlanet posted.

Dr Frankenstein

This morning, the section between A-15 and A-930 (old 30 through Delson) was opened, finishing a direct link between Châteauguay and Sorel-Tracy.

One more section is left to be opened, from Châteauguay westwards to Vaudreuil-Dorion, planned for December 2012.

Photos/video to come.

AsphaltPlanet

Do you know, are they going to update the kilometre markers along A-30 in Bécancour because of the realignment?  It would make sense, but the little stub of A-30 seems pretty forgotten through there.
AsphaltPlanet.ca  Youtube -- Opinions expressed reflect the viewpoints of others.

Stephane Dumas

Quote from: AsphaltPlanet on November 08, 2011, 08:29:36 PM
Do you know, are they going to update the kilometre markers along A-30 in Bécancour because of the realignment?  It would make sense, but the little stub of A-30 seems pretty forgotten through there.

I guess they'll update them.  Speaking of that stub, some folks wants to see the stub extended to Nicolet as well as extending A-30 to Yamaska in this French article
http://monteregieweb.com/main+fr+01_300+Les_elus_rencontrent_le_MTQ_la_semaine_prochaine.html?ArticleID=725761&JournalID=9

Dr Frankenstein

I drove the new section this evening. A-930 is unsigned if it exists at all, the only shields shown WB are 132 and 15. The 132 shield is messed up on the diagrammatic signs for that exit.

EB, the advance signs aren't up yet for the A-15 exit; for now, the temporary signs are still there, with the "BARRÉ" ("CLOSED") patched over. The word "DÉTOUR VIA A-15" still appear though despite being obsolete, so I hope these signs get replaced quick The exit direction sign is up, though.

AsphaltPlanet

A couple of photos from earlier in the summer from Autoroute 20 East:

The advanced signage for the new A-30 interchange:

At the actual split:

I have to think that some sections of the new freeway would have received top coarse pavement by now, and maybe some signs and striping.

webfil

Quote from: Dr Frankenstein on November 08, 2011, 11:36:36 PMI drove the new section this evening. A-930 is unsigned if it exists at all, the only shields shown WB are 132 and 15. The 132 shield is messed up on the diagrammatic signs for that exit.

Some A-930 shields went up in the last year. Exits do not look like they will be ever numbered, though.

Quote from: AsphaltPlanetI have to think that some sections of the new freeway would have received top coarse pavement by now, and maybe some signs and striping.

If I recall correctly, I attest that some signs were standing as early as Spring, at least around Châteauguay and Valleyfield, before pavement. Dr Frankenstein could confirm that info.

Dr Frankenstein

The only new sign that I can think of right now is the new overhead on 132 in Châteauguay. Pavement is done in most areas, except, of course, the bridges. The current progress on the St. Lawrence River and Beauharnois Canal river bridges is giving me a bit of a feeling that they might run late. We'll see.

Ian

For what it's worth (and sorry for the bump), this is what the A-20/A-540 interchange going westbound looked like back in late August...

And the very first sign on A-540 northbound looks like it's ready for the exit number change:
UMaine graduate, former PennDOT employee, new SoCal resident.
Youtube l Flickr

xcellntbuy

The Autoroute shields look a little squashed.

Dr Frankenstein

Shit, I didn't know they changed the signs! Thanks!

Dr Frankenstein

The Hwy 236 overpass is in service.

The Hwy 205 interchange is complete: construction, lighting, striping, etc. Only the signage is missing.

Signage is up for the A-530 exit from A-30, at least from the bridge. Châteauguay will definitely be dropped as a control city.

A-530 is progressing well. The St. Lawrence River bridge is complete at least on one side, someone even got arrested after crossing it by car.

Stephane Dumas

There some aerial pictures taken in July and August showing A-30 construction near Beauharnois Canal.
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=190293&page=66

Dr Frankenstein

oscar

Quote from: Dr Frankenstein on November 19, 2012, 10:17:22 AM
Ribbon cutting will take place on 12 December and the highway will be open to traffic on 15 December.

Thanks.  Do you know whether all of A-530 (including its connection to the new A-30 segment) will also be open by 15 December?  My guess, from a photo at exit 13 of an uncovered BGS for A-530 in one of the articles you linked to, is that it will be.
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

Dr Frankenstein

I drove A-530 two weeks ago and it's pretty much already finished. They're working on finishing up noise barriers and signage. It is still signed as A-30 and will probably be until the last minute, although it is already internally known as route 00530.

AsphaltPlanet

I am looking forward to seeing A-30 completed myself.  Will you be driving it on opening day Dr?

Dr Frankenstein

vdeane

Wait, is that a toll booth I saw?  I assumed it was going to be all-electronic like A-25.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Dr Frankenstein

Yup, it has conventional toll booths because it is expected to serve through (non-local) traffic bypassing Montreal. Since Canada does not have a program like EZ-Pass, non-locals are unlikely to have a compatible tag, therefore an all-electronic system would be impractical.

deathtopumpkins

Where exactly is the tolled section, the bridge?
Disclaimer: All posts represent my personal opinions and not those of my employer.

Clinched Highways | Counties Visited

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.