News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Florida Toll Route Signage Question

Started by SignGeek101, October 18, 2014, 01:37:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SignGeek101

Hey all,

My apologies for not knowing much about Florida signs, but I have a question. Lately I was on Streetview looking around central Florida highways and noticed these signs. The toll shield does not contain the Florida outline, just the number.

I go to another region west, and see a toll shield with the Florida outline and highway number.

Is it normal to have both designs or there a design error of some type?

NE2

The former style has a red/orange Florida outline that's faded over time. Here's a 2003 photo:

from http://www.southeastroads.com/fl-528c.html
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

DeaconG

The signs on I-95 were changed out when the highway was six-laned late last year.
Dawnstar: "You're an ape! And you can talk!"
King Solovar: "And you're a human with wings! Reality holds surprises for everyone!"
-Crisis On Infinite Earths #2

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

DeaconG

Quote from: NE2 on October 18, 2014, 09:07:37 PM
Quote from: DeaconG on October 18, 2014, 09:03:27 PM
The signs on I-95 were changed out when the highway was six-laned late last year.
The left one wasn't.

I'll check it out the next time I head down to Merritt Island.
Dawnstar: "You're an ape! And you can talk!"
King Solovar: "And you're a human with wings! Reality holds surprises for everyone!"
-Crisis On Infinite Earths #2

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.