News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Chat Broken again

Started by route56, October 18, 2014, 06:19:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

route56

When trying to pull up chat, I get the following error message:

error on line 2 at column 1: Extra content at the end of the document

OK, who broke chat?
Peace to you, and... don't drive like my brother.

R.P.K.

Zeffy

This is a known issue that may be related to the updated YouTube plugin installation that occurred yesterday. In any case, the staff are working to fix it ASAP.
Life would be boring if we didn't take an offramp every once in a while

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

adventurernumber1

I noticed this as well, and the one time I go on the chat, LOL. In other words, I very rarely go on the chat but am planning to more soon. And today I get welcomed by the error thing, lol. But it's fine, hopefully it'll get fixed soon.
Now alternating between different highway shields for my avatar - my previous highway shield avatar for the last few years was US 76.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127322363@N08/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-vJ3qa8R-cc44Cv6ohio1g

route56

Quote from: Zeffy on October 18, 2014, 06:28:54 PM
This is a known issue that may be related to the updated YouTube plugin installation that occurred yesterday. In any case, the staff are working to fix it ASAP.

The fact that it's throwing an exception early seems to indicate that the script is corrupted. Not sure how the YouTube plugin has anything to do with the Chat plugin, much less why it would break the PHP script.

R.P.K.

Zeffy

Quote from: route56 on October 18, 2014, 07:56:49 PM
Quote from: Zeffy on October 18, 2014, 06:28:54 PM

The fact that it's throwing an exception early seems to indicate that the script is corrupted. Not sure how the YouTube plugin has anything to do with the Chat plugin, much less why it would break the PHP script.

Things were changed on the server side so the YouTube plugin could be updated, which could've rendered the current version of the chat incompatible.
Life would be boring if we didn't take an offramp every once in a while

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

rickmastfan67

We had to upgrade the version of PHP the forum uses to allow HTTPS support and Youtube shortlinks to work.  Unfortunately, we didn't anticipate that the chat software would not like that PHP upgrade.  We think by updating the chat software to a newer version will fix this problem hopefully.  We'll try to get it fixed by the end of the weekend.

bandit957

Might as well face it, pooing is cool

FLRoads

We are aware of the current issue with the chat room and will work to get it resolved sometime tomorrow or Monday at the latest. We apologize for the inconvenience that this is causing.

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

SteveG1988

XML Parsing Error: junk after document element Location: https://www.aaroads.com/forum/chat/ Line Number 2, Column 1:<b>Strict Standards</b>: Non-static method AJAXChatFileSystem::getFileContents() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in <b>/homepages/13/d117650366/htdocs/aaroads.com/forum/chat/lib/class/AJAXChatTemplate.php</b> on line <b>37</b><br /> ^
Roads Clinched

I55,I82,I84(E&W)I88(W),I87(N),I81,I64,I74(W),I72,I57,I24,I65,I59,I12,I71,I77,I76(E&W),I70,I79,I85,I86(W),I27,I16,I97,I96,I43,I41,

vtk

That means PHP is throwing an error on the server side, and the resulting error message isn't valid XHTML so the browser complains about that.
Wait, it's all Ohio? Always has been.

route56

I'll take my refund in free Highway maps.

R.P.K.

sammi

While the main chat is down, may I suggest an alternate chat room? :)

#roads on irc.sammdot.ca

(and I should have done this yesterday... :/)

riiga

Quote from: sammi on October 19, 2014, 12:54:26 AM
While the main chat is down, may I suggest an alternate chat room? :)

#roads on irc.sammdot.ca

(and I should have done this yesterday... :/)
There's an IRC chat? Count me in! :D

Pete from Boston

IRC still exists?

Is there a Gopher too?

sammi

Alex

I updated the chat client. Log on and try it out.

sammi

The chat is fixed, and at first glance, it looks better than the previous one.

There's an X button next to every message, which means we can delete not only our own messages, but everyone else's (except admins). That shouldn't happen. :)

^ Apparently that was because we're suddenly all moderators. corco said that was the case the first time this chat software was installed.

Alex

Quote from: sammi on October 19, 2014, 08:06:17 PM
^ Apparently that was because we're suddenly all moderators. corco said that was the case the first time this chat software was installed.

That was extremely helpful and I was able to fix it again the same way we did previously. Thanks!

Laura

Awww boo I missed round two of everyone deleting everyone else's messages. Lol.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.