News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Howdy from Houston Texas

Started by khardy, October 19, 2014, 11:02:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

khardy

Hiya Folks,

Have run across this site on numerous occasions when researching highway signage.  We have a small collection of signs in our backyard.  We have a tendency to buy older signs that we can afford.  Some we have restored or cleaned up. 

On our travels, we stop in places to check out signage, vintage traffic signals and anything else of interest.  Most trips we try to stay off the interstates and travel on the older US highways.  Figure we have a much better opportunity to see things that are being bypassed by time and society in general.

Here are a couple of photos from our back yard for a little insight about what we like.

This is our latest sign.

Cheers!

Keith & Sondra

Keith & Sondra

Old Online Chevy Manuals

Zeffy

Wow, that's quite a collection of extremely nice vintage road paraphernalia! Greetings from New Jersey, and welcome to the forums!  :sombrero:
Life would be boring if we didn't take an offramp every once in a while

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

adventurernumber1

Howdy! Greetings from northern Georgia!  :bigass:

Some awesome signs and stuff you got there! You must have one epic backyard  :biggrin:
Now alternating between different highway shields for my avatar - my previous highway shield avatar for the last few years was US 76.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127322363@N08/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-vJ3qa8R-cc44Cv6ohio1g

US81

What an amazing collection!

Welcome from a fellow Texan.

Alex

Welcome to the board! You'll fit in well here with such an extensive sign and signal collection.

SignGeek101

Hello from Winnipeg!  :wave: Very impressive collection of signs you have in your possession. Button copy on top of it all; you must have gone great lengths to get some of those.  :clap:

freebrickproductions

Hello! You probably recognize me from the traffic signal forums. ;)
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

khardy

Hiya Folks,

Thank you for the welcome! As mentioned earlier, we like collecting and on occasion restoring some of our signs.  Hopefully through this site we will continue to learn more and be able to contribute to this community just like we have on a traffic signal site, Highway Divides which has helped us with the restorations and history of older signaling equipment.  freebrickproductions (David)  :wave: :thumbsup: is familiar with some of our accomplishments.

Cheers!
Keith & Sondra

Old Online Chevy Manuals

hm insulators

Remember: If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

I'd rather be a child of the road than a son of a ditch.

At what age do you tell a highway that it's been adopted?

Brian556

That INTERSTATE TEXAS 30 sign is interesting. The shield looks pretty small.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.