Ruining stuff at Chuck E. Cheese's

Started by bandit957, April 26, 2017, 11:06:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandit957

Has anyone ever ruined stuff at Chuck E. Cheese's?

I have a friend who says she threw up at a birthday party there once back when she was growing up. Once I went on a school field trip there, and I noticed someone pooped on the floor in the bathroom. Also, my brother once told me he had some friends in high school who got mad at Chuck E. Cheese's and drove their motorbikes through the bushes there and destroyed them.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

Max Rockatansky

Broke the joystick on a Super C arcade machine once when I was a kid.  Nobody noticed when it happened and I never told my parents about it either.

MNHighwayMan

Is this a thing, or something? I went to one once, probably about 15 years ago, for my sister's birthday, and I remember it being a very uninteresting affair.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: MNHighwayMan on April 26, 2017, 11:14:15 PM
Is this a thing, or something? I went to one once, probably about 15 years ago, for my sister's birthday, and I remember it being a very uninteresting affair.

It was a way bigger deal in the 1980s at the height of arcade video games.  Usually they had something like 30-40 games at any given time.  Usually my friends and I would go there to play the arcades once a week after school got out on Friday.  We were way too old for stuff like the ball bit, but pizza and video games were always a good enough reason for us. 

ET21

The chain in general is a ruin. I never really had a good experience any time I went into one
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

MNHighwayMan

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on April 26, 2017, 11:18:57 PM
It was a way bigger deal in the 1980s

Ah yes, the times when my mother was a teenager and I wasn't even a fleeting thought in either of my parents' minds. Good stuff.

jp the roadgeek

Spent many a day at Chuck E Cheese in the 80's (had 3 within a 15 minute radius of my house).  Even had my 8th and 9th birthdays there.  Never broke anything, but I learned a trick with the Skee-Ball machine:  pull hard on both sides of the ticket popping out just perfectly, and you could get the machine to spit out a hundred more tickets at once.  I did crack a rib in the ball pit once.
Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

1995hoo

The Chuck E Cheese's that used to be at Springfield Plaza in Virginia gave you free tokens for getting decent grades. We used to bring our report cards in four times a year to get tokens.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

roadman

Quote from: 1995hoo on April 27, 2017, 07:25:36 AM
The Chuck E Cheese's that used to be at Springfield Plaza in Virginia gave you free tokens for getting decent grades. We used to bring our report cards in four times a year to get tokens.
That was a corporate promotion that (theoretically) applied to all of the restaurants in the chain.  I remember they had a big ad campaign about the policy when it was first announced.
"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

"My life has been a tapestry
Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

kphoger

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

roadman

"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

"My life has been a tapestry
Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

kkt

One of my daughter's friends had a birthday party at Chuck E Cheese.  The kids then were too young to leave by themselves.  It was hell.  Loud, pushing, loud, grabbing, awful food, loud.

ColossalBlocks

Do Chuck E. Cheese fights count? If so, get on YouTube and look them up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJoDt8wf8e4
I am inactive for a while now my dudes. Good associating with y'all.

US Highways: 36, 49, 61, 412.

Interstates: 22, 24, 44, 55, 57, 59, 72, 74 (West).

kkt

Quote from: ColossalBlocks on April 30, 2017, 01:23:46 PM
Do Chuck E. Cheese fights count? If so, get on YouTube and look them up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJoDt8wf8e4

Yep.  Horrible behaviour, and then there's the kids.

roadgeek01

Chuck E. Cheese's, where a kid can get sick!  My older brother and I would get sick every time we would go.  The tubes where you crawl through are petri dishes for colds. 
pork bork my hork

idk what it means either

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: roadgeek01 on May 02, 2017, 06:24:55 PM
Chuck E. Cheese's, where a kid can get sick!  My older brother and I would get sick every time we would go.  The tubes where you crawl through are petri dishes for colds.

Got to build the immune system somehow.

Roadgeekteen

I went to Chuck E Cheese when I was 5 or 6. I remember having a good time, but I hardly remember it at all.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

hbelkins

Never set food in one. Bunches of kids running around and bad food? Why would I subject myself to that?

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

LM117

Quote from: hbelkins on May 06, 2017, 03:13:56 PM
Never set food in one.

I don't blame ya. I wouldn't want to set my food in one, either.
“I don’t know whether to wind my ass or scratch my watch!” - Jim Cornette

hbelkins

Quote from: LM117 on May 06, 2017, 04:07:10 PM
Quote from: hbelkins on May 06, 2017, 03:13:56 PM
Never set food in one.

I don't blame ya. I wouldn't want to set my food in one, either.

Ha. I need to proofread my posts a little better to watch for typos.

Be sure to proofread your work closely to be sure you don't any words out.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

cjk374

I don't know if they'll even let you in if you don't have a child in your group. The back of your hand gets stamped with a number that matches you with the child.
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

capt.ron

I never cared much for Chuck E Cheese's pizza. To me, it tastes like Tony's pizza that you get in the supermarket. The last time I sat foot in Chuck E Cheese was when family took my niece to there before her trip back home. I remember their parody of Michael Jackson's Rock with you (We're gonna barb-a-que) LOL!!
I needed therapy after that! :)

kkt

Anything at Chuck E Cheese is already ruined.

spooky

kphoger

Quote from: kkt on May 10, 2017, 03:36:21 PM
Anything at Chuck E Cheese is already ruined.

Best reply on the topic.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.