News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Favorite type of soda?

Started by Roadgeekteen, May 20, 2017, 12:40:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your favorite type of soda?

Coke
9 (14.8%)
Coke zero
5 (8.2%)
Diet coke
1 (1.6%)
Pepsi
3 (4.9%)
Diet Pepsi
6 (9.8%)
Mountain Dew
6 (9.8%)
Sprite
2 (3.3%)
Orange soda
2 (3.3%)
Dr. Pepper
11 (18%)
Other
16 (26.2%)

Total Members Voted: 61

jwolfer

Quote from: cjk374 on June 14, 2017, 06:32:07 AM
Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on June 14, 2017, 06:30:02 AM
Quote from: cjk374 on June 14, 2017, 06:27:38 AM
And...don't forget to put peanuts in the glass bottles of Coke.

I have never heard this. Guess there's something for me to try next time.

I think it's a southern thang. But it is delicious. Roasted without the red skins preferably.
I like salty cashews in Pepsi.. There was a barbara mandresll song in fhe 1980s that mentioned putting peanuts in my coke

LGMS428

formulanone

Quote from: cjk374 on June 14, 2017, 06:32:07 AM
Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on June 14, 2017, 06:30:02 AM
Quote from: cjk374 on June 14, 2017, 06:27:38 AM
And...don't forget to put peanuts in the glass bottles of Coke.

I have never heard this. Guess there's something for me to try next time.

I think it's a southern thang. But it is delicious. Roasted without the red skins preferably.

Takes sweet-and-salty, but looks nasty. Tried it once, but I can't get over the sight and taste of objects floating in my drink.

MNHighwayMan

Quote from: formulanone on June 14, 2017, 11:26:09 AM
Takes sweet-and-salty, but looks nasty. Tried it once, but I can't get over the sight and taste of objects floating in my drink.

So, you don't like ice in your drinks either? :bigass:

formulanone

Quote from: MNHighwayMan on June 14, 2017, 11:39:12 AM
Quote from: formulanone on June 14, 2017, 11:26:09 AM

So, you don't like ice in your drinks either? :bigass:

Not really, unless I have a straw.

inkyatari

Have any of you tried the Lester's Fixin's Maple Bacon, Sweet Corn, or Ranch Dressing sodas?

The sweet corn is undrinkable
the ranch dressing tastes like drinking a crayon
The maple bacon is delicious.  It's heavier on the maple, with a hint of a smoky flavor.
I'm never wrong, just wildly inaccurate.

formulanone

Quote from: inkyatari on June 14, 2017, 02:07:36 PM
Have any of you tried the Lester's Fixin's Maple Bacon, Sweet Corn, or Ranch Dressing sodas?

The maple bacon is delicious.  It's heavier on the maple, with a hint of a smoky flavor.

I tried the bacon, and it had a sweet/smoky initial taste, but a body and aftertaste like varnish.

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: inkyatari on June 14, 2017, 02:07:36 PM

bacon soda sounds gross.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

bandit957

Anyone remember when Hubba Bubba put out a soda that tasted like bubble gum? This was in the late '80s/early '90s.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

inkyatari

Quote from: bandit957 on June 14, 2017, 09:09:18 PM
Anyone remember when Hubba Bubba put out a soda that tasted like bubble gum? This was in the late '80s/early '90s.

Yep.  It was actually a Canfield's soda that licensed the Hubba Bubba name.  It was very delicious.  I always wanted to make a float with it.

Jones now has a bubble gum soda, but it doesn't really taste the same.
I'm never wrong, just wildly inaccurate.

SP Cook

And Coke Zero is no more

www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2017/07/26/coca-cola-reboots-coke-zero-drink-with-new-recipe-name.html

Seems to be more marketing than an actual change.  New product will be "Coca-Cola Zero Sugar" and come in a traditional red and white package, with a black splash to denote the diet nature.  New marketing spin is "Coca-Cola comes in a couple of variants- one with sugar and one without." rather than marketing it as a seperate product.    On shelves by August.

JJBers

Dr. Pepper is shit.
How do seven people like it.
(Insult on drink, not the people who voted it)
*for Connecticut
Clinched Stats,
Flickr,
(2di:I-24, I-76, I-80, I-84, I-95 [ME-GA], I-91)

hotdogPi

Quote from: JJBers on July 26, 2017, 02:45:17 PM
Dr. Pepper is shit.

I am one of the 7. It was originally the option for "Other", but Dr. Pepper took its place, moving "Other" down one. (I don't drink soda.)
Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
MA 22, 40, 107, 109, 117, 119, 126, 141, 159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

JJBers

Quote from: 1 on July 26, 2017, 02:46:35 PM
Dr. Pepper is shit.

I am one of the 7. It was originally the option for "Other", but Dr. Pepper took its place, moving "Other" down one. (I don't drink soda.)
Oh...so how many actually voted Dr. Pepper
*for Connecticut
Clinched Stats,
Flickr,
(2di:I-24, I-76, I-80, I-84, I-95 [ME-GA], I-91)

davewiecking

I didn't vote originally, but just did because you insulted my favorite soda. Actually, I like Cherry Dr. Pepper better, especially with some Captain Morgan...

formulanone

Quote from: JJBers on July 26, 2017, 05:10:50 PM
Quote from: 1 on July 26, 2017, 02:46:35 PM
Dr. Pepper is shit.

Oh...so how many actually voted Dr. Pepper

It's honestly the best of the listed bunch, so I just chose it rather than "Other".

Without being hyperbolic, not every flavor is for everyone.

cu2010

I have an on-again-off-again Mtn Dew addiction.
This is cu2010, reminding you, help control the ugly sign population, don't have your shields spayed or neutered.

hbelkins

Quote from: SP Cook on July 26, 2017, 02:18:41 PM
And Coke Zero is no more

www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2017/07/26/coca-cola-reboots-coke-zero-drink-with-new-recipe-name.html

Seems to be more marketing than an actual change.  New product will be "Coca-Cola Zero Sugar" and come in a traditional red and white package, with a black splash to denote the diet nature.  New marketing spin is "Coca-Cola comes in a couple of variants- one with sugar and one without." rather than marketing it as a seperate product.    On shelves by August.

I've drank Diet Coke for so long that I cannot tolerate the taste of regular sugared pops like Coke and Pepsi. Because Coke Zero tastes so much like regular Coke, I don't drink it. I can't foresee myself drinking this new Coke Zero Sugar stuff. I just hope they don't do away with Diet Coke as it currently exists.

As for Dr Pepper, I've found that the diet version is probably closer in taste to the regular version than any other soft drink, with the possible exception of Vernors.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

MNHighwayMan

Quote from: davewiecking on July 26, 2017, 06:13:30 PM
I didn't vote originally, but just did because you insulted my favorite soda. Actually, I like Cherry Dr. Pepper better, especially with some Captain Morgan...

+1 on the Dr. Pepper/rum combo. Good stuff.

Dr. Pepper was also my vote because it is the best one of the available options.

allniter89

Vanilla Coke or regular Coke. Occasionally Vernors or A & W Root Beer.
BUY AMERICAN MADE.
SPEED SAFELY.

21stCenturyRoad

Mountain Dew Throwback  :colorful:
The truth is the truth even if no one believes it, and a lie is a lie even if everyone believes it.

plain

I didn't vote because the only time I ever drink soda is when I drink liquor  :) and it's usually bourbon or brandy with Pepsi
Newark born, Richmond bred

Rothman

A&W Root Beer.

IBC and Henry Weinhard's are good, but the reality is I always come back to ol' cheap reliable, A&W.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

noelbotevera

I don't care. I'll drink whatever type of soda, pop, coke - you name it, I'll try it.

However, for the sake of my teeth, I had to give it up. That doesn't mean I'll still have some when I get the chance.
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name

(Recently hacked. A human operates this account now!)

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: noelbotevera on July 27, 2017, 10:34:32 AM
I don't care. I'll drink whatever type of soda, pop, coke - you name it, I'll try it.

However, for the sake of my teeth, I had to give it up. That doesn't mean I'll still have some when I get the chance.
mountain dew at 2 am?
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

cjk374

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on August 01, 2017, 10:34:14 PM
Quote from: noelbotevera on July 27, 2017, 10:34:32 AM

mountain dew at 2 am?

That is also know as "college life."
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.