News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Unusual food combinations you think might taste good

Started by Pink Jazz, October 21, 2014, 01:07:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeaconG

Quote from: xcellntbuy on January 31, 2015, 05:02:32 PM
Being new to middle Georgia, my Georgia native colleagues like peanuts and Coca-Cola, actually the peanuts in with the bottle of soda.  I like the two items, but separately.

What, no Moon Pie too?

I remember watching some of my uncles and cousins doing this and thinking they were extremely daft.
Of course, a couple of my relatives liked salting their watermelon-WTF?

Never mind, Jake...it's the South.
Dawnstar: "You're an ape! And you can talk!"
King Solovar: "And you're a human with wings! Reality holds surprises for everyone!"
-Crisis On Infinite Earths #2

hbelkins

Quote from: DeaconG on February 02, 2015, 12:15:51 AM.

I grew up salting watermelon. I'll eat it without salt, but I really prefer it salted.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Pete from Boston

Quote from: hbelkins on February 02, 2015, 10:54:52 AM
Quote from: DeaconG on February 02, 2015, 12:15:51 AM.

I grew up salting watermelon. I'll eat it without salt, but I really prefer it salted.

I was introduced a few years ago to putting salt in Keystone Light.  It made the stuff almost drinkable.

Pink Jazz

Quote from: english si on February 01, 2015, 08:46:28 AM
Quote from: Pink Jazz on January 31, 2015, 05:35:44 PMI know many kids like to dip chicken nuggets/strips in ketchup, while adults typically prefer BBQ sauce or honey mustard; ketchup is usually for fries or burgers instead.
Aye, but we were talking about Mac and Cheese, so I'm not sure why the common combinations of nuggets+dipping sauce link with my post, or with the thread.
Quote from: Pete from Boston on January 31, 2015, 06:01:04 PMThis has turned into "Food combinations that you think taste good."
Yes. The thread is about Unusual food combos. Chicken nuggets and Ketchup is the opposite of that.

I think the "I've not tried it, but I think it would work" element implied in the title is more OK to bypass - because surely the natural thing to do for many people is to try it, and they shouldn't be excluded from the thread.

I just thought that it was worthy of mention since you talked about ketchup being combined with something else.  And chicken nuggets/strips with ketchup seems to be eaten mostly by children, while it is quite unusual for adults to do so (adults typically prefer them with BBQ sauce or honey mustard).

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.