Underground bicycle park being built in old Kentucky mine

Started by ZLoth, February 04, 2015, 05:51:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZLoth

From AP:

Underground bicycle park being built in old Kentucky mine
QuoteIt's the perfect setting: millions of tons of dirt, plenty of space and an atmosphere that stays at a constant 58 degrees.

A new underground bicycle park with miles of dirt trails, jumps and stunt courses is being built inside an abandoned limestone mine in Louisville that has been recycled into a popular tourist attraction. The owners of the 320,000-square foot park say it will be the largest indoor course in the nation.

"We have a very large area to work with," said Tom Tyler, who co-owns the former mine, now called the Mega Cavern. "You can't duplicate it. Somebody would have to go out and dig rock for 40 years before they have what we've got here."
FULL ARTICLE HERE
I'm an Engineer. That means I solve problems. Not problems like "What is beauty?", because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of philosophy. I solve practical problems and call them "paychecks".

hbelkins

The Mega Cavern is also used for salt storage by KYTC.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

seicer

kkt

Maybe that's what they should do with Seattle's Alaska Way Tunnel.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.