News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

SimCity 4 Region question

Started by ET21, January 11, 2015, 01:45:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ET21

To anyone that plays SC4 I run the game on 2 different systems. I have one on the home comp and bring it along to school on my laptop. I wanted to transfer a region from the home comp that I've been working on for 3 years and play with it at school. I thought just copying the Chicagoland (my region title) data folder and putting it into the Game Region folder would be ok. But I boot up the game and cannot find the region in the list.

Any help guys? Thanks!
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

algorerhythms

If I remember correctly, you can do it by creating a new region in the copy of the game you want to copy the region to, then find the directory that was created and copy the contents of the region file into that directory.

ET21

Turns out that a second folder was created in My Documents. When I transferred the file into that folder, it worked!  :bigass:
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.