News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Weirdest people you've ever met

Started by bandit957, January 21, 2015, 03:00:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GCrites

Quote from: bandit957 on January 23, 2015, 05:22:43 PM

Also in grade school, there was a student who referred to Kentucky Fried Chicken as "Kentucky Fried Blicken".

Hmmm, how about Kentucky Fried McMicken?

bugo

I'm not going to say who, but this person posts to this forum and I've met them in real life.

Alps

Quote from: bugo on January 23, 2015, 11:18:57 PM
I'm not going to say who, but this person posts to this forum and I've met them in real life.
Does it waft?

bandit957

When I was in grade school, there was a slightly older kid on the school bus who meant to say, "I'm gonna laugh if it snows," but he accidentally said, "I'm gonna snow if it laughs."

But he may have been a Roads Scholar. I remember one day when he insisted that the bus driver drive up a newly constructed road. The driver obliged.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

roadman65

Try working a graveyard shift at a fast food chain and meet some of the customers after hours.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

bandit957

I had a neighbor once who was obsessed with earwigs. Every time I saw him, he kept talking about how he used to live in a remote town that was overrun by earwigs. He'd always say, "There's these bugs called earwigs, man. They get down in your ears, man, and they hatch. And then you can't get rid of 'em, man. You have to go to the doctor, man." He always said "man" after every sentence.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

golden eagle

A couple of people from college I thought of...

There was a guy who used to wear a trench coat even when it was hot outside. One morning, he came into the cafeteria wearing a dress, high-heeled shoes and makeup. His female companion wore a tuxedo with the cummerbund.

Then there was a young woman who carried an Edward Scissorhands doll everywhere! I'm not kidding when I say everywhere because she and that doll were never, ever separated. I had a chance to talk with her and she was a nice girl. The reason she carried the doll around was because she met Johnny Depp around the time he was shooting the movie and he gave her the doll.

HTM Duke

Late during my time at James Madison University (senior year or so I think), I started hearing that a female student was dressing like the university's namesake, along with speaking in a manner reminiscent of the time he lived in.  I eventually did get to see her in person, and the news about her mode of dress were correct.  I cannot confirm or deny her speaking however, since I never heard her say a word.
List of routes: Traveled | Clinched

cpzilliacus

My late brother, who suffered from an assortment of mental disabilities, learning disabilities and more, remains the weirdest person I have ever met, but I miss him every day (he died at the age of 49).
Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

Big John

Does looking in the mirror count? :crazy:

bugo

I knew a guy who was at least 1/4 Choctaw who hated Native Americans.

noelbotevera

Myself, and everyone else in my classroom. I'm the ultimatum of the entire classroom, being the oddball roadgeek, writing stories on my free time, and obliging to read books. I always would fill myself with knowledge, and don't really talk to anybody. I'm quiet, but will oblige to do things for people or give them the cold shoulder. And I can be talkative. So, as a result, I made myself smarter, but a big blow is that I'm REALLY lonely.
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name

(Recently hacked. A human operates this account now!)

Desert Man

Quote from: bugo on May 21, 2015, 07:20:48 AM

As one of Cherokee/Osage (and possible Shawnee or Delaware/Lenape) descent, I will never involve myself or associate with racists or bigots. I never knew who will hate minorities in 2015, or hate Jews or other religions, LGBT people, men who hate women (or vice versa), or the disabled, be it mentally or physically. Hatred and bigotry is based on ignorance and fear of the different involving social groups of people. I won't say I'm part American Indian to anyone I don't know, including to anyone I know for sure is an American Indian and a member of a federally recognized tribal nation. I'm technically white/Caucasian and my father is from France, so I say I'm half-French plus Flemish-Belgian-Dutch, and has English, Scottish, maybe Irish, some German ancestry and whatever is in my genes going back millions of years of family or human history.
Get your kicks...on Route 99! Like to turn 66 upside down. The other historic Main street of America.

iBallasticwolf2

Only two things are infinite in this world, stupidity, and I-75 construction

bugo

Quote from: Mike D boy on June 18, 2015, 06:30:01 PM
Quote from: bugo on May 21, 2015, 07:20:48 AM

As one of Cherokee/Osage (and possible Shawnee or Delaware/Lenape) descent, I will never involve myself or associate with racists or bigots. I never knew who will hate minorities in 2015, or hate Jews or other religions, LGBT people, men who hate women (or vice versa), or the disabled, be it mentally or physically. Hatred and bigotry is based on ignorance and fear of the different involving social groups of people. I won't say I'm part American Indian to anyone I don't know, including to anyone I know for sure is an American Indian and a member of a federally recognized tribal nation. I'm technically white/Caucasian and my father is from France, so I say I'm half-French plus Flemish-Belgian-Dutch, and has English, Scottish, maybe Irish, some German ancestry and whatever is in my genes going back millions of years of family or human history.

I'm a Euro-mutt and while I'm interested in ethnic studies and racial differences, I do not discriminate on the grounds of race, sexual orientation, etc. I do, however, discriminate against morons because I can't stand to be around stupid folks.

Buffaboy

I'm more of a liability than an asset. I am the opposite of most people I know for some reason, and am really atypical of the majority of my race. I stick to my core values but can flip flop if needed. I'm weird but interesting.
What's not to like about highways and bridges, intersections and interchanges, rails and planes?

My Wikipedia county SVG maps: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Buffaboy

Desert Man

In my hometown, I remember a homeless drifter who took the local transit busses and for years, there was a man who represented Christmas: "I'm the spirit of Christmas" all year round and he's dressed like Santa Claus. He would talk to passengers and drivers, and at times, he almost would get in trouble. One time I heard from a friend of mine, the "spirit of Christmas" was caught talking to a pregnant woman in the back row of the bus and this man encountered him with concern, the "spirit of Christmas" greeted him with a Christian greeting and the man said "We're Jewish", so he said "Happy Hanukah" to him and decidedly to leave him and his wife alone. Another friend of mine said the man was traumatized from the time he was a child, his parents abandoned him and they drove off to leave him in his own home on Christmas, and he later was adopted in foster care. He was also a born-again Christian and wanted to connect Santa Claus' giving to children with Jesus Christ, which is a reason for his odd, yet holiday cheer, all year round.
Get your kicks...on Route 99! Like to turn 66 upside down. The other historic Main street of America.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.