News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Road/Map related computer help needed

Started by ARMOURERERIC, January 24, 2015, 08:35:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARMOURERERIC

I am trying to print out a portion of my neighborhood via google maps.  I have the image I desire displayed on my 17"computer screen and it takes up most of the screen.  When I utilize the print button on google maps, I end up with a dinky 2"x 3.5"ish image in the upper left hand corner of my printed paper that is in a uselessly small scale.  How can I get the image to print somewhat near the full 8.5"x 11" sheet?

SignGeek101

What you could do (if you're on Windows 7 or 8) is to use the "snipping tool" on your PC. Just search it on your computer (or download it). "Snip" the area you want to print, save it, then print out the picture. The resolution isn't very good, but it's good enough for most applications.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows/use-snipping-tool-capture-screen-shots#1TC=windows-8

vtk

Quote from: ARMOURERERIC on January 24, 2015, 08:35:37 PM
I am trying to print out a portion of my neighborhood via google maps.  I have the image I desire displayed on my 17"computer screen and it takes up most of the screen.  When I utilize the print button on google maps, I end up with a dinky 2"x 3.5"ish image in the upper left hand corner of my printed paper that is in a uselessly small scale.  How can I get the image to print somewhat near the full 8.5"x 11" sheet?

Your browser's "shrink to fit" feature is probably interfering. Try Print Preview, and there should be a scale adjustment there.
Wait, it's all Ohio? Always has been.

froggie

Whenever I've done something similar, I've always done a screen capture, then adjusted or clipped out unneeded items before printing.

ARMOURERERIC

I have attempted a "right click save image as" and it would not work.

NE2

Quote from: ARMOURERERIC on January 25, 2015, 12:08:07 PM
I have attempted a "right click save image as" and it would not work.
Because it's not a single image. Printscreen still works.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

ARMOURERERIC

The "print preview" suggestion worked great.  I am still a bit perplexed that going right to file-print gets me radically different results than going print preview and just printing from directly from there with no alteration.  I needed to print/cut /paste the google imagery of the 40 acre farm I am trying to buy at exit 65 of I-8 in CA.  Took me 50 sheets.

The recession for me was ugly, I make medieval armour for the SCA and on rare occasion movies and such.  Everything collapsed with a vengeance in April 2008,my income dropped 90%. I 've been stable since Nov 2011, above average since Dec 2013, and in the last 6 months sales have quadrupled.  Plus now I have diversified via 400 ducks that I sell their eggs.
I have been interested in a nearby defunct farm that has been unoccupied since 2003, turns out the heirs are also SCA and are more than willing to make me a killer lease option deal.  Nothing is final, but WOW 40 acres near an interchange in So Cal in the mid 300's.  Nuff said.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.