AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
 on: Today at 06:09:00 PM 
Started by Max Rockatansky - Last post by kkt
That's a really good point!  I hadn't thought of that.

on: Today at 06:07:06 PM 
Started by Chris - Last post by NE2
I drove the Jimmy DeLoach Connector yesterday. It's signed as SR 21 Alt., as are the connections to/from SR 21 via SR 307 and Sonny Dixon Interchange.

on: Today at 05:59:46 PM 
Started by Sub-Urbanite - Last post by Sub-Urbanite
So this is a thing.

https://nomorefreewayspdx.com

They are literally opposing construction of an auxiliary lane between I-405 and I-84 on I-5 through the Rose Quarter… and a freeway deck lid to make it less noxious.

on: Today at 05:41:34 PM 
Started by Adrienne224 - Last post by bandit957
I need to start bringing bubble gum to treat motion sickness.

on: Today at 05:28:25 PM 
Started by Adrienne224 - Last post by Brandon
A car.

Well, no shit, Sherlock.

on: Today at 05:23:41 PM 
Started by tribar - Last post by ColossalBlocks
I-580 , I-880, I-80 in the Bay Area been mentioned for having crimes on freeways at some point.

The East Bay has had more than its share of incidents -- mostly car-to-car shootings -- in the past couple of years; I-80 from Richmond up to the CA 4 interchange seems to crop up as a site for this repeatedly, as does CA 4 itself along the stretch through Pittsburg and Antioch in Contra Costa County.  Also, I-880 near the Oakland Coliseum "hosted" several incidents of what could best be described as "coordinated road rage" where either drivers or motorcycle riders would harangue other drivers on that freeway.  They had enough sense (or planning) to dissipate before Oakland police or the CHP could arrive on the scene.

I-980 and the west end of CA-24 has been mentioned for having crimes at some point though.

Yeah, about 10 years ago I was approaching the Bay Bridge when I remembered I didn't have enough cash to pay the toll, so I looped back and got off at some west Oakland exit to look for an ATM.  When I stopped, a guy "asked" me for $20 in such a way that I was convinced giving it to him would be a wiser move than turning him down, especially with a child in my car.

Chicago had something similar happen from time to time. People would walk up to cars stopped at a signal, and then ask for $20. If the person didn't comply, then they'd get mugged.

on: Today at 04:51:13 PM 
Started by Adrienne224 - Last post by tribar
A car.

on: Today at 04:50:36 PM 
Started by Brandon - Last post by Brandon
Those surprised, please stand up so you can be smacked with a clue-by-four.

Forget it, Jake.  It's Chinatown Illinois.

on: Today at 04:41:10 PM 
Started by NE2 - Last post by cpzilliacus
I have seen old maps that show the BW Parkway as TEMP I-95 (I'm a few years too young to have seen this on the road). I don't ever recall TEMP I-95 on the Harbor Tunnel Thruway. I do recall the old sign on the I-695 Inner Loop when you reached its southern junction with I-95 where the sign for the road leading into Baltimore had a blank Interstate shield with no number, I guess so people wouldn't think it was the way to New York.

I do not recall ever seeing a TEMP I-95 sign on present-day I-895 or on the state or federal parts of the Baltimore-Washington Parkway. 

Now there were TO I-95 assemblies on both 895 and on the Parkway (these were apparently intended to be temporary, as they were usually installed on wood timbers and not on steel posts).

on: Today at 04:36:00 PM 
Started by tribar - Last post by kkt
I-580 , I-880, I-80 in the Bay Area been mentioned for having crimes on freeways at some point.

The East Bay has had more than its share of incidents -- mostly car-to-car shootings -- in the past couple of years; I-80 from Richmond up to the CA 4 interchange seems to crop up as a site for this repeatedly, as does CA 4 itself along the stretch through Pittsburg and Antioch in Contra Costa County.  Also, I-880 near the Oakland Coliseum "hosted" several incidents of what could best be described as "coordinated road rage" where either drivers or motorcycle riders would harangue other drivers on that freeway.  They had enough sense (or planning) to dissipate before Oakland police or the CHP could arrive on the scene.

I-980 and the west end of CA-24 has been mentioned for having crimes at some point though.

Yeah, about 10 years ago I was approaching the Bay Bridge when I remembered I didn't have enough cash to pay the toll, so I looped back and got off at some west Oakland exit to look for an ATM.  When I stopped, a guy "asked" me for $20 in such a way that I was convinced giving it to him would be a wiser move than turning him down, especially with a child in my car.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.