News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Biodiesel + cold weather = ...

Started by algorerhythms, January 24, 2009, 12:27:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

algorerhythms

Apparently some school districts in Minnesota are having problems with their school buses stalling due to the biodiesel that they are using the fuel the buses congealing in cold weather.

http://greeninc.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/01/23/biodiesel-congeals-school-buses-stall/

Chris

Yeah diesel can be a problem under -4 F. In nordic countries, they add something to the fuel to avoid the stalling, since it can be as low as -40 in some areas.

ComputerGuy

Biodiesel is fine in WA....our tempature is always above 10 (in Seattle). Our buses run on biodiesel and ethanol.

TheHighwayMan3561

Yeah, the Bloomington school district got a whole day off because of frozen fuel concerns. Elk River's shut down too, but I don't know if it was for the same reason.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

deathtopumpkins

lol.... our buses here all run off of plain old polluting diesel.  :banghead:
Disclaimer: All posts represent my personal opinions and not those of my employer.

Clinched Highways | Counties Visited

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.