Interstate 71 miscellany thread (Louisville to OH Mile 61)

Started by vtk, August 25, 2015, 04:58:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vtk

This thread for general discussion of Interstate 71 in the Ohio Valley region, which I've decided includes the portions in Kentucky and in Ohio from the river to the Greene—Fayette county line. [rationale] [see also Great Lakes counterpart]

So what's going on with I-71 in Cincinnati, from MLK Drive to Victory Parkway?  It almost looks like there's going to be a new SB exit / NB entrance to access some new development along the east side of the freeway, but that's speculation on my part.
Wait, it's all Ohio? Always has been.

iBallasticwolf2

Quote from: vtk on August 25, 2015, 04:58:19 PM
So what's going on with I-71 in Cincinnati, from MLK Drive to Victory Parkway?  It almost looks like there's going to be a new SB exit / NB entrance to access some new development along the east side of the freeway, but that's speculation on my part.
That is the MLK Drive project which will build a new interchange between I-71 and MLK Drive.
Only two things are infinite in this world, stupidity, and I-75 construction

vtk

The new loop ramp from 71 northbound to Mason—Montgomery Road northbound (north edge of Cincinnati) has been open since Monday Nov 2.

Edit: forgot it had been more than a week since the ramp opening when I first posted
Wait, it's all Ohio? Always has been.

jbnati27

Quote from: vtk on November 15, 2015, 03:52:56 AM
The new loop ramp from 71 northbound to Mason—Montgomery Road northbound (north edge of Cincinnati) has been open since Monday.
Yeah, it's been open since 11/2. I was upset because I got into the office too early that day. The ramp wasn't open yet. But it's pretty sweet now.

JMoses24

Quote from: iBallasticwolf2 on August 25, 2015, 05:04:47 PM
Quote from: vtk on August 25, 2015, 04:58:19 PM
That is the MLK Drive project which will build a new interchange between I-71 and MLK Drive.

Yep. It's a full interchange, access in both directions.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.