News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Central PA Road Meet April 2016

Started by jpi, October 05, 2015, 09:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I now have 2 Saturday dates picked in April 2016 for my central PA road meet

Saturday April 9
11 (78.6%)
Saturday April 23
3 (21.4%)

Total Members Voted: 14

jpi

Ok, I now have 2 dates set in April for my central PA meet. It will be hosted in York, PA at Round The Clock Diner at 11:00am eastern time. Our first stop and focus will be the Mt Rose AVE interchange project on I-83, also check out the S. George St exit on 83 that was redone 12 years ago. I am still working on the rest of the agenda that may include clinching business I-83 through York City, also if anyone is interested we can check out the goat path in Lancaster county and-or check out some highway points of interest in the Harrisburg area like the recent rebuilt of 83 at the Camp Hill split, the PA Turnpike Bridge across the Susquehanna River that was replaced about 10 years ago. I am also open to suggestions. This will be the first central PA road meet in over 10 years, thank you all for your input and feed back.  :)
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

getemngo

I cannot do April 9 at all.

It would be nice to allow people to select both options, so that if someone is equally okay with both dates, they won't arbitrarily tip the scales in one direction. But I'm not sure how much, if at all, you can edit polls after making them.
~ Sam from Michigan

Alps

I can tell you just pasted this wholesale to Facebook because it says "smile emoticon" over there. ;)

April 23 is Passover. That rules me out and any other Jews.

A.J. Bertin

I voted for April 23 just because it's a little later in the spring season... less chance of wintry weather. If it happens to be April 9, I'm sure I could make that work - but I'd prefer the 23rd.
-A.J. from Michigan

jpi

I will keep this in mind Steve, forgot about passover.
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

dgolub

Quote from: Alps on October 05, 2015, 10:17:24 PM
April 23 is Passover. That rules me out and any other Jews.

Same here.

PHLBOS

Quote from: Alps on October 05, 2015, 10:17:24 PMApril 23 is Passover. That rules me out and any other Jews.
Not to hijack the thread, but I just noticed that for 2016; Passover and both (I'm including Orthodox) Easter observances are spread out a bit on the calendar.

Here's a handy cheat sheet for such (useful for planning/scheduling other meets):

March 27, 2016 Easter Sunday
April 23, 2016 Passover
May 1, 2016 Orthodox Easter
Back to the thread topic; depending on schedule, I can do either the 9th or 23rd.  However, out of respect towards the Jewish AARoads bretheren on this forum that want to attend this meet; I voted for the 9th.
GPS does NOT equal GOD

signalman

Quote from: PHLBOS on October 06, 2015, 10:13:27 AM
Back to the thread topic; depending on schedule, I can do either the 9th or 23rd.  However, out of respect towards the Jewish AARoads bretheren on this forum that want to attend this meet; I voted for the 9th.
I can attend either date also, but I also voted for the 9th for the same reason.  It's also closer to my birthday, but I admit that I didn't use that reason as a determining factor as to which date to vote for.

hbelkins

I won't vote, as either date would be fine with me -- assuming that I successfully rob a bank and haven't been tossed in prison afterwards and can afford to attend. But quite honestly, that's not likely. I truly fear my days of attending meets are over.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

froggie

My chances of attending are iffy due to the distance, but I went with the 9th as that would be the more likely date for me to attend...coming off of our April break.

Duke87

I can neither confirm nor deny my availability on either date at this point. There is a decent likelihood I will be taking a vacation of some sort next April but I don't know yet if or which week.
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

jpi

So far it is looking like the 9th as the #1 choice. I will be back in central PA the week after Thanksgiving and will be scouting the area a little closer. I will be posting a FB event on this by the end of this month more then likely choosing April 9 for the date and Round The Clock Diner for the restaurant. If anyone has any other sugggestions of what to check out in central PA, even as far north as Selinsgrove to State College just give ma a shout :-)
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

jpi

Another option I am considering adding to this meet, a minor leage baseball game that evening, I will be checking the schedules for the Harrisburg Senators, York Revolution and Lancaster Barnstormers to see if any of them will have an evening game that Saturday, may still be too early to tell but keeping this option open.
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

jpi

Just an update, I have been VERY busy with work and my other hobby so I have not had a chance to post the facebook event on this. You can rest assure that Saturday April 9, 2016 is the date. I will be back in the York\ Harrisburg area the end of this month, plan to do some scouting and even check a good vantage point that overlooks the Mt Rose AVE interchange, this could be where we do the group pic. Again I am also considering adding a baseball game in the evening and waiting to see when the schedules for 2016 will be posted for the  Harrisburg Senators, York Revolution and Lancaster Barnstormers.
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

TheHighwayMan3561

There are three meets I'd like to go to in April and/or early May and I know I probably could never make all three, but this is one I will make an effort for for sure. :)
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

74/171FAN

I am hoping to come to this, since I am living in Harrisburg now I think that should be doable. 
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

A.J. Bertin

Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on November 09, 2015, 08:08:02 PM
There are three meets I'd like to go to in April and/or early May and I know I probably could never make all three, but this is one I will make an effort for for sure. :)

Which other meets are you thinking of attending around this time frame? Is South Bend one of them?
-A.J. from Michigan

TheHighwayMan3561

Quote from: A.J. Bertin on November 11, 2015, 10:37:21 PM
Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on November 09, 2015, 08:08:02 PM

Which other meets are you thinking of attending around this time frame? Is South Bend one of them?

South Bend, and Tuxedo NY.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

jpi

I am aiming at South Bend, IN myself too.
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

SteveG1988

If i can, i would like to be there. Give my car a workout after i get all the safety/mechanicals worked out, but it is awfully close to carlisle nationals.
Roads Clinched

I55,I82,I84(E&W)I88(W),I87(N),I81,I64,I74(W),I72,I57,I24,I65,I59,I12,I71,I77,I76(E&W),I70,I79,I85,I86(W),I27,I16,I97,I96,I43,I41,

PHLBOS

Quote from: SteveG1988 on November 23, 2015, 10:17:13 AM
If i can, i would like to be there. Give my car a workout after i get all the safety/mechanicals worked out, but it is awfully close to carlisle nationals.
According to the 2016 Carlisle Events Schedule, there's no event taking place on the fairgrounds for April 9.  The Spring Carlisle event for 2016 is scheduled for April 20-24.
GPS does NOT equal GOD

noelbotevera

Ooh. this is a meet I can attend. I'd say that if I beg for my dad to do this, I can attend. April 23rd is perfect, as it's just after a payday, my dad is off, and it's a Saturday. As long as it is not 2 day, I'm fine. I live in Chambersburg, so this is a mere 50+ miles from me.

jpi

Quote from: noelbotevera on November 23, 2015, 03:43:39 PM
Ooh. this is a meet I can attend. I'd say that if I beg for my dad to do this, I can attend. April 23rd is perfect, as it's just after a payday, my dad is off, and it's a Saturday. As long as it is not 2 day, I'm fine. I live in Chambersburg, so this is a mere 50+ miles from me.

It is not going to be April 23, it will be April 9.
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

noelbotevera

Quote from: jpi on November 23, 2015, 04:16:47 PM
Quote from: noelbotevera on November 23, 2015, 03:43:39 PM

It is not going to be April 23, it will be April 9.

Still perfect. I can still do this meet.

SteveG1988

Quote from: PHLBOS on November 23, 2015, 01:13:19 PM
Quote from: SteveG1988 on November 23, 2015, 10:17:13 AM
According to the 2016 Carlisle Events Schedule, there's no event taking place on the fairgrounds for April 9.  The Spring Carlisle event for 2016 is scheduled for April 20-24.

Financially. I have to make sure i got enough saved up for the hotel at carlisle.
Roads Clinched

I55,I82,I84(E&W)I88(W),I87(N),I81,I64,I74(W),I72,I57,I24,I65,I59,I12,I71,I77,I76(E&W),I70,I79,I85,I86(W),I27,I16,I97,I96,I43,I41,

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.