News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

New Forum section

Started by Katavia, December 23, 2015, 07:43:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Katavia

I have an idea for a new forum area called "Forum games" for, well, forum games.
1: It should be off-limits to guests
(Former) pizza delivery driver with a penchant for highways.
On nearly every other online platform I go by Kurzov - Katavia is a holdover from the past.

froggie

TPTB have stated in the past that they aren't interested in games.  We also had a period about 5-6 years ago where one of the moderators was game-heavy.  Too game-heavy.

vdeane

I think "Forum Games" was one of the original boards created by he-who-must-not-be-named.  It went away as soon as he was ousted.  There was stuff there like "Guess the Highway" (pictures of guide signs with the text and shields greened out), "Guess the Aerial Image", etc.

While we're discussing the return of forum games, might I suggest the return of Voyager's Cosmic Bbar? :bigass:

*ducks*
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Scott5114

Probably not going to happen. We tend to discourage forum games as it is. One or two here or there is all right but an entire board of them would distract from discussion.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

noelbotevera

Voyager's Cosmic B-bar? What?
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name

(Recently hacked. A human operates this account now!)

Rothman

Quote from: vdeane on December 24, 2015, 04:20:58 PM
While we're discussing the return of forum games, might I suggest the return of Voyager's Cosmic Bbar? :bigass:

*ducks*

Even I remember that one from my lurking days.  :pan:
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

rickmastfan67

Quote from: noelbotevera on December 24, 2015, 05:23:01 PM
Voyager's Cosmic B-bar? What?

If you don't know, don't ask about that one.  Trust me.

hbelkins

I remember the title, but not the details.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

vdeane

Quote from: hbelkins on December 25, 2015, 01:38:05 PM
I remember the title, but not the details.
Ditto.  I think I read the first post and then never went near the thread again.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

freebrickproductions

I'm kinda curious as to what was in that thread now.
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

SSOWorld

What thread?

*ducks*

---

serious side, rick's right, don't ask.  Please move on.
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

hbelkins

It must've gotten deleted. A search turned up only entries in this thread.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Katavia

Request is locked and removed if wanted by mods
(Former) pizza delivery driver with a penchant for highways.
On nearly every other online platform I go by Kurzov - Katavia is a holdover from the past.

Scott5114

I don't remember if it was intentionally deleted or if it was simply not recovered in the transition from the Cody era to the Jake era. I seem to recall that the original forum database was destroyed and the current one was started from scratch (which would explain why my user ID is only 33).
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Alex

Quote from: Scott5114 on January 26, 2016, 11:45:23 AM
I don't remember if it was intentionally deleted or if it was simply not recovered in the transition from the Cody era to the Jake era. I seem to recall that the original forum database was destroyed and the current one was started from scratch (which would explain why my user ID is only 33).

The original database was bloated with a high amount of SMF error logs (the whole empty out the unimportant error log option was not selected enough) that I had to figure out how to separate that while outside of SMF. When we finally got the database back online I restarted the member id value at 1000 (why I don't remember now). So any id lower than 1000 is from before June 2009

theline

Where do I find my ID? I can't seem to find it. If it's really obvious, I apologize for being an idiot.

freebrickproductions

Quote from: theline on January 26, 2016, 05:36:16 PM
Where do I find my ID? I can't seem to find it. If it's really obvious, I apologize for being an idiot.
Go to your forum profile by clicking on your name next to a post, and look at the numbers at the end of the URL, after the ";u=". Yours is 9358. Mine is 12695.
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

Zeffy

Check your profile, specifically the URL. It's after the u= part.
Life would be boring if we didn't take an offramp every once in a while

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

theline

Quote from: freebrickproductions on January 26, 2016, 05:40:08 PM
Go to your forum profile by clicking on your name next to a post, and look at the numbers at the end of the URL, after the ";u=". Yours is 9358. Mine is 12695.
I see it now. Thanks to both freebrickproductions and zeffy. I should have looked there, but I'll not go so far as classifying myself as an idiot--at least not about this.  :spin:

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.