News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Construction plans now available online for Arizona DOT

Started by J N Winkler, April 09, 2016, 12:42:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J N Winkler

I've been waiting for this for a while, and it has now finally happened:  Arizona DOT construction plans are now available online, at no charge, for currently advertised contracts.

http://www.azdot.gov/LegacyApplications/CNS/phone_sheet.asp

I am not sure when they went live, but suspect it was in the last month or so since there was no availability when I last checked sometime in February or March.  This is an especially welcome addition since ADOT signing plans are clean and plentiful.  There is no major sign rehabilitation contract currently under advertisement (the Flagstaff job currently listed is small signs work only and the plans set is essentially a spreadsheet printout), but I still count 15 pattern-accurate sign panel detail sheets among the 16 projects currently available, most of which are for designable construction detour signs.

As for Arizona's neighboring US states, here is the current state of play:

CA--online (free) since 2001
NV--QuestCDN (pay service, $600/year) at letting since 2011; online (free) after award since 2013
UT--online (free, but bowdlerized, with structure plans removed) since 2003
NM--Bid Express (pay service, $1620/year) since the late noughties
CO--no online availability

And for other states represented on the Mountain West board:

MT--online (free) since 2003
WY--QuestCDN since 2008
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.