News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Emergency Call Boxes in Arizona

Started by Pink Jazz, July 25, 2016, 08:15:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pink Jazz

I was wondering, does anyone have a list of highways in Arizona that still have emergency call boxes installed?  I know I-19 and US 93 are two that do.  I think ADOT policy is to retain them on major rural highways with poor mobile coverage.

Interestingly, the signage for those on I-19 have the phone symbol on them, while those on US 93 have the words "CALL BOX".  This makes me wonder if those on I-19 support emergency voice calls while those on US 93 only have the buttons to notify a specific emergency service.

Sonic99

I know there's a random one on AZ 89 a few miles south of Ash Fork, and one down on AZ 69 between Dewey and Cordes Junction.
If you used to draw freeways on your homework and got reprimanded by your Senior English teacher for doing so, you might be a road geek!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.