News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Tebow to the New York Mets

Started by bing101, September 08, 2016, 10:39:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bing101

tchafe1978

I don't see anything coming of it. It takes players who have been playing baseball full time all of their lives 3-4 years at least of playing in the minors before they're major league ready. I just don't see it happening. If it wasn't for his name I don't think he would've even gotten a look.

74/171FAN

Quote from: tchafe1978 on September 08, 2016, 04:19:44 PM
I don't see anything coming of it. It takes players who have been playing baseball full time all of their lives 3-4 years at least of playing in the minors before they're major league ready. I just don't see it happening. If it wasn't for his name I don't think he would've even gotten a look.

Agreed.  I am just happy that the Braves did not sign him. 
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

bing101

Umm Somehow Deion Sanders is the only one so far who won both a Super Bowl and a World Series.

But Tebow is more questionable.

tchafe1978

Well seeing as he hasn't won a Super Bowl yet, and his NFL career appears to be over...

XT1028

Duke87

Wait what. I saw someone saying something about this earlier and assumed it was a joke.
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

Alps

It's cheap and doesn't take a roster spot. It's similar to Michael Jordan.

DandyDan

Quote from: bing101 on September 08, 2016, 06:46:31 PM
Umm Somehow Deion Sanders is the only one so far who won both a Super Bowl and a World Series.

But Tebow is more questionable.
Deion Sanders only appeared once in the World Series, for the Braves in 1992, who lost to the Blue Jays. http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/s/sandede02.shtml
MORE FUN THAN HUMANLY THOUGHT POSSIBLE

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.