News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Is MO 49 going to be renumbered?

Started by dvferyance, February 09, 2017, 11:17:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dvferyance

Missouri until like 30 years ago did a good job not allowing duplication. But when I-64 and I-72 came in the state routes remained. However those interstates just barely enter the state. I-49 runs like 180 miles in Missouri. Is MO-49 going to be renumbered or since I-49 has been in Missouri for 4 years it's safe to assume it's staying? The most logical number for it is 93 since it has to be an odd number in Missouri when it goes north and south.

The Ghostbuster

I haven't been to Missouri since 1995 (my only visit to that state), so this is just a guess. If state highways 49, 64 and 72 haven't been renumbered by now, they probably won't be renumbered in the future. Kind of like in our state when WIS-39 was not renumbered when Interstate 39 debuted. Once again this is just a guess.

Scott5114

Probably not. They didn't even bother renumbering existing 110 when the CKC 110 was added to the system.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

dvferyance

Quote from: Scott5114 on February 09, 2017, 04:06:31 PM
Probably not. They didn't even bother renumbering existing 110 when the CKC 110 was added to the system.
Good for them on that one. There is no reason they should have to renumber becasue of some useless route number created by Illinois that has to go through their state. I never had a problem with 64 and 72 becasue both interstates barley enter Missouri 49 on the other should have been renumbered as well as the 39 in Wisconsin mentioned before.

Revive 755

Quote from: dvferyance on February 10, 2017, 01:07:39 PM
I never had a problem with 64 and 72 becasue both interstates barley enter Missouri 49 on the other should have been renumbered as well as the 39 in Wisconsin mentioned before.

Since MO 49 is around a minimum of 150 miles from I-49, and is not that major of a route anyway, IMHO MO 49 should stay as is.

Drifting into fictional territory, MO 49 could always become an extension of MO 53, but then there could be an issue if that number is used for any future Avenue of the Saints interstate.

dvferyance

Quote from: Revive 755 on February 11, 2017, 08:59:31 PM
I never had a problem with 64 and 72 becasue both interstates barley enter Missouri 49 on the other should have been renumbered as well as the 39 in Wisconsin mentioned before.

Since MO 49 is around a minimum of 150 miles from I-49, and is not that major of a route anyway, IMHO MO 49 should stay as is.

Drifting into fictional territory, MO 49 could always become an extension of MO 53, but then there could be an issue if that number is used for any future Avenue of the Saints interstate.
I would just renumber it to MO 93 makes the most sense. It's the only available 2 digit odd number left in Missouri that's not used for an interstate or US highway

sparker

Quote from: dvferyance on March 10, 2017, 10:17:42 PM
Quote from: Revive 755 on February 11, 2017, 08:59:31 PM

I would just renumber it to MO 93 makes the most sense. It's the only available 2 digit odd number left in Missouri that's not used for an interstate or US highway

Unless there are actual complaints from drivers about confusion due to the duplication (which is unlikely considering the distance between the routes), MODOT won't likely consider any renumbering (that would involve some outlay of $$, which MODOT can't really spare!). 

US71

FWIW, MO 57 and MO 44 were dropped.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

ColossalBlocks

Quote from: dvferyance on February 09, 2017, 11:17:16 AM
Missouri until like 30 years ago did a good job not allowing duplication. But when I-64 and I-72 came in the state routes remained. However those interstates just barely enter the state. I-49 runs like 180 miles in Missouri. Is MO-49 going to be renumbered or since I-49 has been in Missouri for 4 years it's safe to assume it's staying? The most logical number for it is 93 since it has to be an odd number in Missouri when it goes north and south.

Knowing MoDot, and speaking with some MoDot workers, they're here to stay. They're all 1922 routes, and i doubt MoDot is gonna renumber their 1922 routes.
I am inactive for a while now my dudes. Good associating with y'all.

US Highways: 36, 49, 61, 412.

Interstates: 22, 24, 44, 55, 57, 59, 72, 74 (West).

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.