News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Greetings from Charleston

Started by Sctvhound, July 18, 2017, 09:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sctvhound

Hello! My name is Joe. I am a 25 year old native of Charleston, SC, and a long time message board reader and poster. I have always been interested in road signs, traveling, and maps, and I have been very interested in reading many of the posts over the past few days.

It is a very fast-growing metro area with a population which has grown from 500K to almost 800K since the year 2000.

hotdogPi

Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

noelbotevera

7/8

Welcome from Kitchener-Waterloo, ON!

SignGeek101

Welcome from construction choked Winnipeg!

adventurernumber1

Welcome from Dalton, Georgia. I have been to your neck of the woods on vacation back at the beginning of June. I will say it was interesting seeing the overt signs of metro growth, such as seeing progress on what I found out was called to be the Sheep Island Rd. Interchange, along with maybe a possible widening of I-26 through there. Charleston is such a nice place, and it's got some nice roads and bridges. I got lots of road pictures and videos from that trip, that when I ever get the chance, I will have uploaded on the internet for all to see. Sorry for going on a positive rant about where you live, but I just loved the place so much!  :D

See ya on the forums.  :wave:
Now alternating between different highway shields for my avatar - my previous highway shield avatar for the last few years was US 76.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127322363@N08/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-vJ3qa8R-cc44Cv6ohio1g

Alex

Welcome to the board.

Have you followed the support I-526 efforts to complete the route across James Island? There is a Facebook page about it and posts routinely show that while needed, the freeway continues to be ignored when it comes to funding.

Sctvhound

Yep. I am a supporter of it. But there are a lot of NIMBYs in my area that don't want it, or want bike and pedestrian corridors with it.

freebrickproductions

It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

Roadgeekteen

God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

TheHighwayMan3561

Welcome to the board, Joe! I don't think I need to introduce myself to you much. ;)
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.