News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Main Menu

Triangular Stop Sign...No...Stop Sign on top of Yield Sign - in AZ

Started by Brian556, August 07, 2017, 02:16:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jakeroot

Max Rockatansky

I was more surprised to see that Conde's is still open next to the Sentinel School.  :-D   Time has not been kind to Old US 80, most of the places between Gila Bend and Fortuna Foothills fringes on the definition of "ghost town" these days.

cjk374

I like the way the railroad is trying to skirt around the MUTCD requirement of using a YIELD sign instead of a STOP sign at grade crossings.
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: cjk374 on August 07, 2017, 04:18:55 PM
I like the way the railroad is trying to skirt around the MUTCD requirement of using a YIELD sign instead of a STOP sign at grade crossings.

I'm wondering if the Goldwater Range has some sort of hand in that sign being placed.  Most roads south of I-8 are used for bombing range access.  I've found that a lot of military sourced signage isn't in compliance with the MUTCD and is generally very poor in quality. 
Is

cjk374

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on August 07, 2017, 04:23:31 PM

I'm wondering if the Goldwater Range has some sort of hand in that sign being placed.  Most roads south of I-8 are used for bombing range access.  I've found that a lot of military sourced signage isn't in compliance with the MUTCD and is generally very poor in quality. 
Is

Railroad crossbucks and other signage is usually the responsibility of the railroad itself. The advanced warning signs are the responsibility of whoever maintains the road.

freebrickproductions

It appears that Union Pacific (the owner of the line, based on the DOT tags) wanted to install stop signs, but didn't want to get larger ones and the maintainers were too lazy to remove the yield signs and this is the result.
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

roadman

Not quite.  A STOP sign is acceptable at passive grade crossings, provided certain conditions are met.
"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

"My life has been a tapestry
Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

cjk374

Quote from: roadman on August 08, 2017, 10:04:52 AM
Not quite.  A STOP sign is acceptable at passive grade crossings, provided certain conditions are met.

Yes...if sight distance is a problem (my paraphrase). But it looks as though you should have no problem with that.

I like that sign. It is very unique indeed.

txstateends

And how about the green (instead of yellow) clearance height sign on the overpass?
\/ \/ click for a bigger image \/ \/

roadman

Quote from: cjk374 on August 08, 2017, 12:20:01 PM
Quote from: roadman on August 08, 2017, 10:04:52 AM

Yes...if sight distance is a problem (my paraphrase). But it looks as though you should have no problem with that.
I would suspect that other factors were involved, such as speed and frequency of trains, not to mention trains in opposing directions approaching the crossing at the same time.
"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

"My life has been a tapestry
Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.