News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

2020-2030 Transportation Plan - Fort Smith

Started by TheArkansasRoadgeek, September 14, 2017, 02:19:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheArkansasRoadgeek

So, I am seriously thinking about doing some surveys and then drafting and finalizing an overall transportation plan for the City of Fort Smith. I would like to see certain things be fixed, but also I want to present the things (along with proposed funding) that will help the city grow (and catch up with times and find a balance between history and present day, Little Rock and Fayetteville would be an example of this). For now, I would like input and opinions regarding my venture, how I should go about doing this (aside from getting out into the community and asking).

I want to present this to the City and I also want to figure out how I can pitch it to the businesses to back me on this Plan.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Well, that's just like your opinion man...

US71

Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

TheArkansasRoadgeek

Quote from: US71 on September 14, 2017, 03:20:49 PM
Good luck getting the city to listen.
So far, that is the only thing holding me back, but who' s to say that a good pitch will be ingored?

robbones

Definitely need a protected left turn at the intersection of US 64 (Garrison Ave) and AR 255 (5th Street). I'm surprised there hasn't been a ton of wrecks at this intersection. Maybe change the timing of the lights on the 5th Street side to where SB and NB alternate turns.

LGL64VL

US71

Quote from: robbones on September 16, 2017, 11:52:05 AM
Definitely need a protected left turn at the intersection of US 64 (Garrison Ave) and AR 255 (5th Street). I'm surprised there hasn't been a ton of wrecks at this intersection. Maybe change the timing of the lights on the 5th Street side to where SB and NB alternate turns.

The whole intersection needs to be widened along 255.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

bjrush

The measure of "a good pitch" is how long you and your family has lived in Fort Smith
Woo Pig Sooie

TheArkansasRoadgeek

Quote from: bjrush on September 17, 2017, 04:15:01 PM
The measure of "a good pitch" is how long you and your family has lived in Fort Smith
Community survey, my friend. ;-)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.