News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Bridge with the highest number of truss spans?

Started by bugo, November 13, 2014, 10:14:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugo

What bridge has the highest number of truss spans? I'm talking through trusses or pony trusses - deck truss spans don't count. The old US 66 bridge over the Canadian River in Oklahoma has 38 100' ponies, and I can't imagine any bridge beating it. The Bixby bridge and Jenks bridge have 19 of the same type of pony. Can anybody beat 38 spans, and if not, what is the bridge with the fourth highest number of trusses?

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

bugo

Anything lower decker? Including the 3 double decker freeways in Missouri: 2 sections of I-64/US 40 in the Saint Louis area and I-229/US 59 in Saint Joseph...wait a minute, neither one is a truss.

Jardine

Bahia Hinda has a bunch.  If I get a minute I'll look it up

roadman65

The Bronx Kill span of the Triborough Bridge in NYC?
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.