How do I change my avatar to a shield?

Started by MisterSG1, February 19, 2015, 07:35:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MisterSG1

I'd like to use an Ontario Highway 410 shield as my avatar but it won't let me do it, what am I doing wrong?

Zeffy

Is the avatar you are trying to upload larger than 80 x 80 pixels? There's also a filesize limit, which I believe is 1-2 MB.
Life would be boring if we didn't take an offramp every once in a while

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

Molandfreak

Am I asking too much, or is there any way you guys can change the avatar function so that:
A. it'll automatically resize, or
B. you can crop it to your liking once you've uploaded it?

The way it's done now causes so many problems for the not-so-technologically proficient. I don't have photoshop on my laptop (the main computer that I use), so when I'm in the mood for a new avatar, I frequently have to zoom out on the image and take a screenshot until it's the right size. Different ways might just not be allowed in SMF, but it's a far, far, far better way to do it.
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on December 05, 2023, 08:24:57 PM
AASHTO attributes 28.5% of highway inventory shrink to bad road fan social media posts.

vdeane

Paint can resize an image.  Don't know what OS you use, but the Windows 7 version has it is the image section of the Home tab on the ribbon.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

rickmastfan67

Quote from: Molandfreak on February 20, 2015, 12:10:20 AM
The way it's done now causes so many problems for the not-so-technologically proficient. I don't have photoshop on my laptop (the main computer that I use), so when I'm in the mood for a new avatar, I frequently have to zoom out on the image and take a screenshot until it's the right size. Different ways might just not be allowed in SMF, but it's a far, far, far better way to do it.

Best way is to download GIMP.  It's pretty simple to resize an image in it, and it's FREE! ;)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.