News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Pac-Man on Google

Started by DaBigE, March 31, 2015, 12:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaBigE

Quote from: tchafe1978 on April 01, 2015, 11:12:39 PM
I tried playing it in downtown Madison and Milwaukee, and both places it said the streets weren't dense enough. I kept getting redirected to some city in Germany with all sorts of odd-angled streets that didn't run north-south or east-west. Made it very challenging to say the least.

That's odd, the first place I tried it on was downtown Madison, and it worked for me (except all the damned diagonal streets were a pain in the ass). I also got it to work on the west side of Madison, by the new jug handle at Mineral Point and Junction Rd...it also picked up the parking lot for the Target area, as well as the roundabout to the west. I also got the area near the H-D Museum in Milwaukee to work as well...6th St near/including the roundabout.
"We gotta find this road, it's like Bob's road!" - Rabbit, Twister

1995hoo

I tried it last night in the Google Maps app. You can't play just anywhere in the app, has to be some places they programmed (three such are downtown DC, Times Square, and the Arc de Triomphe). I found it was easier to control Pac-Man by swiping my iPad screen than it was using the keyboard on my PC.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Mr. Matté

Quote from: 1995hoo on April 02, 2015, 08:33:52 AM
I tried it last night in the Google Maps app. You can't play just anywhere in the app, has to be some places they programmed (three such are downtown DC, Times Square, and the Arc de Triomphe). I found it was easier to control Pac-Man by swiping my iPad screen than it was using the keyboard on my PC.

It wasn't pre-programmed locations, but the street grid did have to be "just right." I tried playing in it in a town near me and said that there was something incompatible about it. I panned slightly but it then worked.

route17fan

Has the pac-man feature been disabled or discontinued?
John Krakoff - Cleveland, Ohio

froggie

Long gone.  It only lasted about a week.

hotdogPi

Quote from: froggie on September 18, 2015, 03:02:34 PM
Long gone.  It only lasted about a week.

Google Maps pacman is long gone, but pacman with the Google logo (not Google maps) still exists somewhere.
Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13,44,50
MA 22,40,107,109,117,119,126,141,159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; UK A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; FR95 D316

Lowest untraveled: 25 (updated from 14)

New: MA 14, 123

SignGeek101

WNYroadgeek

It's back!

(Well, it's Ms. Pac-Man now, but still.)

epzik8

I played it a few years ago on my minor, small college campus.
From the land of red, white, yellow and black.

My clinched highways: http://tm.teresco.org/user/?u=epzik8
My clinched counties: http://mob-rule.com/user-gifs/USA/epzik8.gif

1995hoo

This afternoon requires serious willpower to avoid playing that on my office PC. The higher-ups seriously frown on that sort of thing.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

capt.ron

Downtown San Diego made for a good (ms) Pac man maze. :)

route17fan

It seems to be gone again :(
John Krakoff - Cleveland, Ohio

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.