AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: US 35 in Ohio  (Read 7756 times)

jbnati27

• Last Login: March 02, 2017, 12:21:36 PM
Re: US 35 in Ohio
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2016, 10:57:47 AM »

I rather enjoy driving the US 35 corridor through Ohio.

I've only been on the WV to Chillicothe part, and once at that, but one thing I do remember about it was how scenic & hilly the section between Jackson and Chillicothe was. That's the most "mountainous" looking part of Ohio I can think of when it comes to what you can see from an expressway or freeway (compared to what I've seen on 23, 33, 77, 11 & 7 in other hilly parts of the state)

If you want a good long descent, take 32 between Piketon and Peebles.

I agree. That's one of the nicest descents on a 4 lane highway in Ohio in my opinion.

Gnutella

• Last Login: August 05, 2017, 08:30:03 PM
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2016, 02:36:27 AM »

I've only been on the WV to Chillicothe part, and once at that, but one thing I do remember about it was how scenic & hilly the section between Jackson and Chillicothe was. That's the most "mountainous" looking part of Ohio I can think of when it comes to what you can see from an expressway or freeway (compared to what I've seen on 23, 33, 77, 11 & 7 in other hilly parts of the state)

If you want a good long descent, take 32 between Piketon and Peebles.

I agree. That's one of the nicest descents on a 4 lane highway in Ohio in my opinion.

I-470 in the vicinity of Wheeling, WV is one of my favorite Interstate drives. Heading eastbound on I-470, you get a long descent toward the Ohio River, then a long ascent as it crosses into West Virginia, and then another long descent before its eastern terminus at I-70. The curviness of the West Virginia segment east of the Ohio River looks pretty neat too. Heading westbound on I-70, the initial ascent of I-470 looks impressive, especially when it's lit up at night.

Avalanchez71

• Last Login: August 21, 2017, 01:14:49 AM
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2016, 02:58:19 PM »

Very disappointing. Having driven this section several times, I know what a bottleneck it is. This may help a little bit, but I can't help to believe this would still be a bottleneck.  :pan: In my opinion, this has needed to be a limited access highway for a long time now.
How are you going to access all of the car dealers if you cut them off with your proposed full access highway?

2trailertrucker

• Last Login: Today at 02:54:12 AM
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2016, 06:20:48 AM »

I just drove through there last week. I would settle for synchronization of lights to where through traffic can get through town without fear of a light changing in 2 seconds for a car coming out of one of the side streets.

captkirk_4

• Last Login: August 19, 2017, 03:38:58 PM
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2017, 11:46:07 AM »

Found out that part of Ohio is where Bob Evans Farm is that started the Bob Evans sausage and restaurant company.

Really think that the Federal Government seriously need a better Interstate system between Chicago and the Carolinas. The current route is 100 miles too long, A Dayton to Charleston Interstate would really help truckers cut their time and costs. Maybe even create a new Highway from Dayton up to Chicago bypassing Indianapolis making the route even more direct. US 35 is almost done except when you get near Dayton there is an awful stop light section around Xenia and a really narrow, shoulder less very old Freeway in Dayton proper. West Virginia is also missing a chunk where its is two lanes and goes through small towns.

GreenLanternCorps

• What's behind me is not important!

• Last Login: August 21, 2017, 10:11:24 PM
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2017, 05:07:06 PM »

Very disappointing. Having driven this section several times, I know what a bottleneck it is. This may help a little bit, but I can't help to believe this would still be a bottleneck.  :pan: In my opinion, this has needed to be a limited access highway for a long time now.
How are you going to access all of the car dealers if you cut them off with your proposed full access highway?

I lived in Beavercreek near the Factory Road and US 35 intersection for many years.  I think the best solution would be a bridge over Factory Road and frontage roads.   It may require a second bridge at the Xenia end of the dealer strip, but there are two defacto frontage roads there already.  There is a pond on the south side that may be a problem, but I think it It is doable.

GreenLanternCorps

• What's behind me is not important!

• Last Login: August 21, 2017, 10:11:24 PM
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2017, 11:14:02 PM »

It looks like there is movement on upgrading US 35 in Beavercreek:

http://beavercreeknewscurrent.com/top-stories/3187/u-s-35-superstreet-project-receives-state-funding

Oops, some of this was covered before.  The article is older than I thought, but newer than the other Superstreet comments.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 11:17:00 PM by GreenLanternCorps »

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.