Some new videos from Arizona - helpful feedback welcome

Started by JKRhodes, April 18, 2016, 08:09:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JKRhodes

After about a 7 year break, I have two new road videos. The first video I made is of the construction on US 60 going on near Superior and Miami, Arizona:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyogpywfzxI

The second one, from the same data dump, is the drive from Safford, Arizona to Morenci, Arizona
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTa8F-QdTAY

A little rusty, but I'm getting the hang of it again. I think the second one is better. Couple of self-critiques, right off the bat:
Definitely need to re-aim my camera. I actually don't mind having some hood in the frame as a reference point, but when it takes up 1/3 of the frame along with the dashboard, that's a different story.

I wanna get more annotations in there. My second video is slowed down at intersections and other notable landmarks, but I was in too big of a hurry to get that info in there.

Any suggestions for good video editing software? I'm running good ol' Windows Movie Maker. If there's a program out there for $50 or less that offers drastically better editing capabilities, I might give it a shot.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the videos.

I produced a few road videos back in 2007 and 2008, but between the bulky camera, and my slow computer, it was always a process. I bought a Rexing dash cam a few months ago, along with a much faster computer last year, so there's a good chance I'll be making some more of these videos soon. The 32g card stores a little over three hours of HD footage before it overwrites, which is great since it generally takes me three hours to get from my part of the world to anywhere interesting.

pumpkineater2

Good job on the videos.

I just received a dash cam for my birthday a few days ago, and I hope to use it to make videos like this, and start a Youtube channel showcasing roads in Arizona. I'm going to Flagstaff and Sedona this weekend so hopefully I'll be able make an oak creek canyon video.
Come ride with me to the distant shore...

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.