Grapevine, TX: BUS SH 114L Removed from State Highway System

Started by Brian556, August 15, 2016, 02:11:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian556

This was done in 2014, but I just found it. Bad timing considering all the signs on the freeways that were just installed as part of the DFW Connector project include BUSINESS 114.

I've always thought that the portion of SH 26 NE of Grapevine should have been given a SPUR # instead of being part of SH 26. But, now that this has been done, they could decommission it also. It would need to be given a street name since it does not have one. That name could be extended over the former BUS 114 since "Northwest Hwy" is no longer a logical name for it, and hasn't been ever since the 60's when it was bypassed.

yakra

"Officer, I'm always careful to drive the speed limit no matter where I am and that's what I was doin'." Said "No, you weren't," she said, "Yes, I was." He said, "Madam, I just clocked you at 22 MPH," and she said "That's the speed limit," he said "No ma'am, that's the route numbah!"  - Gary Crocker

Brian556

Quote from: yakra on April 22, 2021, 07:14:07 PM
GMSV from Mar 2020 shows it still signed. Is this still the case?

Ground-level signs have been removed, except for one that they forgot. Overhead signs were not altered at the time, however, the ones near I-635 are being or have been replaced due to the interchange being redone. I'll have to check that sometime soon.

yakra

Many thanks. If you make it out that way I'm interested in hearing what you find.
"Officer, I'm always careful to drive the speed limit no matter where I am and that's what I was doin'." Said "No, you weren't," she said, "Yes, I was." He said, "Madam, I just clocked you at 22 MPH," and she said "That's the speed limit," he said "No ma'am, that's the route numbah!"  - Gary Crocker

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.