News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Good Place To Travel To?

Started by ColossalBlocks, December 05, 2016, 12:15:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Good Place To Travel To?

San Francisco
Florida
Indiana
Yellowstone
Washington State
Great Lakes
Colorado

ColossalBlocks

I am here to see your guy's opinion.
I am inactive for a while now my dudes. Good associating with y'all.

US Highways: 36, 49, 61, 412.

Interstates: 22, 24, 44, 55, 57, 59, 72, 74 (West).

Max Rockatansky

Probably Yellowstone and Colorado, especially if they are in the same trip like I did this year.  Just make sure it includes US 212, U.S. 550, Pikes Peak, and Trail Ridge at minimum.  Stay away from the sulfur pools in Yellowstone and don't try to put cold baby buffalo in your car...things don't well in either instance.  Seriously that acid thing was probably the most horrible accidental death I've heard of in a long time. 

Just curious though, why is Indiana one of the choices?  Compared to the others you listed that's considerably more mundane by a large margin.

jeffandnicole

You know, instead of asking unlimited questions, you can provide your own input once in a while.

And what an odd list of 7 places...4 of which we can chose. 

coatimundi

Indiana is the clear choice here. I know I often sit staring out at the sea, daydreaming of my times in Downtown Fort Wayne and West Lafayette.

AsphaltPlanet

I voted for Indiana as well.  It's the obvious choice.
AsphaltPlanet.ca  Youtube -- Opinions expressed reflect the viewpoints of others.

oscar

Quote from: jeffandnicole on December 05, 2016, 12:45:51 PM
You know, instead of asking unlimited questions, you can provide your own input once in a while.

And what an odd list of 7 places...4 of which we can chose. 

ColossalBlocks is actually asking a weirdly limited question. He should explain why he listed those seven places, and excluded all others (including some reasonable alternatives to ones on the list, such as Michigan along with Indiana, or the Grand Canyon along with Yellowstone). Just judging from the travel patterns of forum participants, it seems like there are a lot of other "Good Place(s) To Travel To", including many (driveable or otherwise) outside the United States.

He might also express his own opinion, explaining what places he likes and why.

I suggest also ditching the poorly-thought through poll (we've seen a lot of those lately), to open the discussion beyond seven arbitrarily-chosen options. Just because you can poll, doesn't mean you should.
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

adventurernumber1

Of the choices listed, I voted for Colorado. Up there as well is Yellowstone. I have been to both, and both the state of Colorado and the Yellowstone National Park are very good places to travel to. Both places are good places to go in summer or winter. I have only been to both places in the winter, but my family hopes to go to both in the summer as well in the future (though perhaps not Yellowstone because of the summer crowds). In the winter time, the US Highways in Yellowstone are closed to regular vehicular traffic, so you must get around on snowmobiles, and the sort - which is still very interesting, and fun. We snowmobiled from the south edge of the park to some of the geysers, and we saw Old Faithful, and more. In Colorado, we have usually gone skiing in whichever ski resort we decide to go to. Both places have very interesting roads, that of which there is no doubt. Probably one of the most notable examples is Interstate 70 through the Glenwood Canyon in Colorado. So, in short, both of those places (Colorado and Yellowstone National Park) are probably the best to travel to of the choices you listed.

EDIT: As a matter of fact, I am in Colorado skiing at this very moment, this very week. It is very nice indeed, and the roads here have been cool.
Now alternating between different highway shields for my avatar - my previous highway shield avatar for the last few years was US 76.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127322363@N08/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-vJ3qa8R-cc44Cv6ohio1g

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.