News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

2016 had to claim one more...William Christopher

Started by cjk374, January 01, 2017, 09:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cjk374

We all know 2016 was rough on Hollywood actors & actresses...especially December. Now, on the last day of the year, one more is taken: William Christopher (aka Father Mulcahy from M*A*S*H).   :-(

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/01/entertainment/william-christopher-mash-obit/
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

US71

Quote from: cjk374 on January 01, 2017, 09:37:33 AM
We all know 2016 was rough on Hollywood actors & actresses...especially December. Now, on the last day of the year, one more is taken: William Christopher (aka Father Mulcahy from M*A*S*H).   :-(

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/01/entertainment/william-christopher-mash-obit/

Trapper John (Wayne Rogers) passed away exactly one year ago.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

wanderer2575

May we all observe a moment of no jocularity.

A comment from another board on which I participate:
"This is how you know you're an old geezer; all your heroes & heroines are gone and all that's left are clowns and fools."

roadman65

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/william-christopher-dies-father-mulcahy-actor-on-%E2%80%98mash%E2%80%99-was-84/ar-BBxLCQl?li=BBnb7Kz

Veteran actor William Christopher who played Father Mulcahy on the 11 year long sitcom Mash dies.  Christopher not only played this classic role, but played the young doctor who Andy Taylor on the Andy Griffith show whom was reluctant to have him remove Opie's appendix, as well as fellow a fellow marine on Gomer Pyle USMC, but of course Mash as the 4077 Chaplain was his best remembered character for him.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

roadman65

Sorry I missed that one.  I really looked up and down the thread, too, and I really did not see it!  If I had I would have added to the post.

Being I did not see it, I assumed nobody posted it and thought I would do the honors.  Yes, its my mistake and yes it happens.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

kendancy66

Was he also in the MASH movie?  Or was that only Gary Burghoff

SAMSUNG-SGH-I747

PHLBOS

Quote from: kendancy66 on January 05, 2017, 02:46:21 PM
The character, yes; the actor, no.

Rene Auberjonois played Mulcahy in the movie and George Morgan played him in the Pilot episode in the series.
GPS does NOT equal GOD

US71

Quote from: PHLBOS on January 05, 2017, 02:59:04 PM

Rene Auberjonois played Mulcahy in the movie and George Morgan played him in the Pilot episode in the series.

Only Gary Burghoff appeared in both the movie and TV series. I'm not sure anyone else could do Radar.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

PHLBOS

Quote from: US71 on January 08, 2017, 05:39:17 PM
Quote from: PHLBOS on January 05, 2017, 02:59:04 PM

Only Gary Burghoff appeared in both the movie and TV series. I'm not sure anyone else could do Radar.
G. Wood, who played General Hammond, appeared on both the movie and 3 episodes during Season 1.

Timothy (or Tim) Brown, who played Spearchucker in the TV series for a few episodes early on, had a role in the movie (as a medic) as well.
GPS does NOT equal GOD

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.