Trump's Infrastructure Priorty List (Top 50 Projects) Leaked

Started by CanesFan27, January 24, 2017, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buck87

Quote from: hbelkins on January 25, 2017, 08:42:05 PM
I don't know if the numerical rankings mean anything, but the I-75 Brent Spence Bridge is #2 on the list. It definitely needs to be done, but there's a very vocal contingent in northern Kentucky that's vehemently anti-toll. I don't know if its inclusion on this list precludes the need for tolls, or if it's going to be 100 percent federally-funded instead of the traditional 80-20. But  if tolls are involved, there will be a few in the region that will come out against the project.

Plus, there are a few that are still pushing hard for the outer bypass, or at least the eastern leg of it, and leaving the Brent Spence as-is

I'd imagine that Kentucky's Gov. Bevin lobbied hard for this, as I'd expect Kasich is persona non grata in the White House. Remember that when Trump held his "thank-you" rally in Cincinnati, he had Bevin introduce Pence instead of Kasich.

Glad to see this bridge on the list. When I saw the title of this thread that was the first project that came to mind to look for.

barcncpt44

Alabama officials are shocked nothing from Alabama made the list, especially the Interstate 10 bridge to replace the George Wallace Tunnel and the widening over Mobile Bay.  Some officials also want the Birmingham Northern Beltline on the list as well.
http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index.ssf/2017/01/alabama_left_off_list_of_infra.html

A bland smile is like a green light at an intersection, it feels good when you get one, but you forget it the moment you're past it. -Doug Coupland

AlexandriaVA

Every booster group is going to come out of the woodwork now that their pet projects have been ignored.

Bruce

The West Coast is pretty much non-existent on that list, despite having a good 15 percent of the national population and some of its most productive cities...

hotdogPi

Quote from: Bruce on January 26, 2017, 09:17:02 PM
The West Coast is pretty much non-existent on that list, despite having a good 15 percent of the national population and some of its most productive cities...

For him to consider it, it either needs to be related to one of his own buildings or be a reward for people voting for him. The West Coast has neither.
Clinched, plus MA 286

Traveled, plus several state routes

Lowest untraveled: 25 (updated from 14)

New clinches: MA 286
New traveled: MA 14, MA 123

kalvado

Quote from: barcncpt44 on January 26, 2017, 02:50:39 PM
Alabama officials are shocked nothing from Alabama made the list, especially the Interstate 10 bridge to replace the George Wallace Tunnel and the widening over Mobile Bay.  Some officials also want the Birmingham Northern Beltline on the list as well.
http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index.ssf/2017/01/alabama_left_off_list_of_infra.html
Well, 50 projects total means average is 1 per state - a bit less given several national scale projects. Some states, like CA, IL and NY, get more than one; so few others would get 0.
And I specifically like Trump covering Cuomo's ass with power line to Canada as Cuomo promises to close Indian point power plant. Would  be interesting to see if Cuomo would dial down on his indignation...

cl94

Quote from: 1 on January 26, 2017, 09:32:09 PM

For him to consider it, it either needs to be related to one of his own buildings or be a reward for people voting for him. The West Coast has neither.

The west coast also is a no-go for 2020, so he's just writing them off at this point. If the projects don't benefit Trump's properties (read: all of the New York ones), they go to swing states.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

Buck87

^ Such as Ohio, which has 3 on the list, all in the top 10.

AlexandriaVA

Swing states and the northeast. Solid red states left holding the bag. Sad.

MikeTheActuary

Quote from: barcncpt44 on January 26, 2017, 02:50:39 PM

The article from the start of the thread mentioned that shovel-readiness and job creation were key considerations in getting onto the list.

GenExpwy

In which states are the following projects?
    8. NextGen Air Traffic Control System
  15. Cadiz Water Conveyance Project
  16. TransWest Express Transmission
  44. Huntington Beach Desalination Plant
  47. Seattle Airport Expansion
  49. Energy Storage and Grid Modernization

Quote from: AlexandriaVA on January 26, 2017, 10:57:57 PM
Swing states and the northeast. Solid red states left holding the bag. Sad.

Illinois, a non-northeast solid blue state:
   4. Locks and Dams 52 and 53 on the Ohio River
  34. Red and Purple Line Modernization, Chicago
  36. Chicago Union Station Redevelopment
  38. Illinois River Locks - Lagrange and Peoria

Texas, a solid red state:
  13. Texas Central Railway
  14. Cotton Belt Line Rail Project

Wisconsin, a key swing state:
  (nothing specific)

Quote from: http://www.star-telegram.com/news/politics-government/article128801554.htmlCG/LA Infrastructure, a trade group advising clients on infrastructure issues, vouched for the authenticity of the slideshow document.
A CG/LA spokeswoman, Sarah Andrews, said: "The one you guys published yesterday, that is a very early draft of a list that we are currently putting together for them."
She said CG/LA was an "unofficial adviser"  to the Trump transition team.
"Once the new Administration takes office, there will be a more formal process for states to submit information,"  the National Governors Association's letter reads. "Projects will be chosen through a more formal process as well."

So everyone just settle down, this is far from the final list. Anyone who claims to see political favoritism or disfavoritism in this early draft is just letting their paranoid imagination run wild.

jemacedo9

An original news story said that there were 300 projects on the list...only the top 50 were leaked.

kalvado

Quote from: jemacedo9 on January 27, 2017, 07:43:30 AM
An original news story said that there were 300 projects on the list...only the top 50 were leaked.
And question is always the same - how many projects from the list are actually to be funded?
If I had to choose one - I would say NextGen. However that is a money pit, and I am not sure it is a good idea to keep throwing cash at it

jeffandnicole

When you have a list of 50 projects, unless they do 1 per state, or numerous projects that involves 2 states (such as the Amtrak tunnel between NJ-NY), it's almost guaranteed at least a few states will be left off the list.

And there's clearly states on the list that voted for Clinton, so that excuse doesn't fly either.

ARMOURERERIC

Why would the US spend money in CA?  After all they want to secceed so bad.

AlexandriaVA

Quote from: ARMOURERERIC on January 27, 2017, 12:35:58 PM

Just taking after North Carolina and other southern states I guess. Besides, southern states receive more in federal funding than they put in, while rich states like California are net taxpayers. So maybe CA is trying to get on that gravy train.

Quillz

Quote from: ARMOURERERIC on January 27, 2017, 12:35:58 PM
There actually isn't all that strong a secession movement. Most of these proposals, including ones that split the state up, aren't taken seriously here.

cl94

Quote from: jeffandnicole on January 27, 2017, 09:15:36 AM
And there's clearly states on the list that voted for Clinton, so that excuse doesn't fly either.

Almost all of the things in Clinton states benefit Trump's businesses. All of the New York projects benefit Trump's properties in some way.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

kalvado

Quote from: cl94 on January 27, 2017, 02:15:11 PM

Almost all of the things in Clinton states benefit Trump's businesses. All of the New York projects benefit Trump's properties in some way.
Lake Champlain power transmission was discussed long before Trump came up.  And yes, this would allow closure of Indian point. SO what is Trump's interest here?

thenetwork

The I-70 Colorado Mountain Corridor project will probably incorporate a weekend Express Toll lane on the eastbound left shoulder between the Eisenhower Tunnel and Georgetown.  That would link up with the existing Toll lane just east of
Georgetown at US-40.

Also hoping that Trumps plan will speed up the I-90 Innerbelt project thru Cleveland and the replacement of Deadan's Curve.

cl94

Quote from: kalvado on January 27, 2017, 03:02:36 PM

Lake Champlain power transmission was discussed long before Trump came up.  And yes, this would allow closure of Indian point. SO what is Trump's interest here?

Lower energy costs for Trump's businesses because it doesn't look like Indian Point will stay open regardless.

kalvado

Quote from: cl94 on January 27, 2017, 03:56:08 PM
Quote from: kalvado on January 27, 2017, 03:02:36 PM

Lower energy costs for Trump's businesses because it doesn't look like Indian Point will stay open regardless.
I am not exactly sure, does he own some Aluminum-producing factory on Manhattan?

Buffaboy

Quote from: cl94 on January 24, 2017, 10:49:43 PM
Quote from: froggie on January 24, 2017, 10:47:56 PM
QuoteWhat I am waiting to see is how many regulations get trimmed so we can actually get stuff built in a timely fashion, which by itself would save some dinero.

At the expense of environmental mitigation and protection.  Or, to put it more simply, we'd be burning the roof to stay warm...

And Native American sovereignty. But treaties be damned, right?

Yes, I'm all for cars (electric preferred for the future), but not at the expense of our future if it means we have to keep pumping out exhaust.
What's not to like about highways and bridges, intersections and interchanges, rails and planes?

My Wikipedia county SVG maps: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Buffaboy

Pete from Boston

Quote from: hbelkins on January 25, 2017, 11:12:06 AM
Quote from: cl94 on January 24, 2017, 10:49:43 PM
And Native American sovereignty. But treaties be damned, right?

You mean the pipeline that goes near, but does not cross into, the Indian reservation? The one that they've been protesting well after the fact instead of objecting during the approval process?

No sympathy for the Standing Rock Sioux here. Time to put the nightmare of the past eight years behind us and get on with moving America forward.

If you're the Sioux, the nightmare is hundreds of years longer than eight.

Pete from Boston

I'd like to know what national security or safety emergency requires the Green Line extension to be built through Medford and Somerville, Massachusetts

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.