News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Highways That Appeared In Video Games?

Started by ColossalBlocks, February 18, 2017, 01:52:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ColossalBlocks

Has anyone played a game that has a major US Highway/Interstate in it? I'll give an example.

Ultimate Driving on Roblox involved US 40, I-76, US Highway 322, I-95, I-476, and I-80. Just not accurate since this is based from Delaware.

There is also American Truck Simulator, but it would take a bit to name all the roads.
I am inactive for a while now my dudes. Good associating with y'all.

US Highways: 36, 49, 61, 412.

Interstates: 22, 24, 44, 55, 57, 59, 72, 74 (West).

1995hoo

My brother and I had an Intellivision (he still has it, actually, and it still works, though he doesn't hook it up very often) and I had an iMagic game called "Truckin'," programmed by the same guy who created "Microsurgeon." As the game's name implies, you drove a truck around North America via Interstate highways or the Trans-Canada Highway (misnumbered for gameplay reasons as a continuous "Canada Highway 1" using an Interstate 1 shield). There was also an "Easter Egg" Interstate 9 in California, near where Silicon Valley would be in real life, that led to an iMagic billboard and a "city" whose gameplay code matched the programmer's initials.

I don't remember which Interstates were part of the game other than, obviously, I-5, I-95, some of the other long-distance routes, and the two routes noted above. I'll have to search online during intermission (the hockey game is on TV now) and I'll edit this if I find something.

Did some searching and found some of the materials from the box and a screenshot with the great high-rez early-1980s graphics.

"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Max Rockatansky

I-15 frequently appears in the early Fallout games.

SignGeek101

7/8

Test Drive Unlimited (I have the Xbox 360 version) features the whole island of Oahu in Hawaii. I believe it has every road on the island (or at least the major roads).

briantroutman

Quote from: 1995hoo on February 18, 2017, 02:13:21 PM

Apparently centering single-digit numbers on shields was a bridge too far.

Quote from: 1995hoo on February 18, 2017, 02:13:21 PM

So since I can see the front end of a Kenworth reflected dead center in this Peterbilt's mirrored grille, this image is supposed to represent a moment roughly two seconds before a spectacularly catastrophic head-on collision?

1995hoo

QuoteApparently centering single-digit numbers on shields was a bridge too far.

Note the map showing "I-101." As I think back, I seem to recall that route's sign displayed as "01" due to the technical limitations.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

bassoon1986

Cruising USA on N64 had lots of US 101 and I think the 10 freeway? Like 7 of the 14 races were in California. The Chicago race definitely  showed the Elevated transit

iPhone

ColossalBlocks

I'll just throw something in, i didn't think this thread would make it, so.

I-75 in a new Ultimate Driving game based in Florida.

https://www.roblox.com/games/28084432/UD-Sunshine-City-Beta-FIXED

And here's the UDU (Ultimate Driving Universe) group.

https://www.roblox.com/groups/group.aspx?gid=2767837
I am inactive for a while now my dudes. Good associating with y'all.

US Highways: 36, 49, 61, 412.

Interstates: 22, 24, 44, 55, 57, 59, 72, 74 (West).

Quillz

Quote from: bassoon1986 on February 18, 2017, 04:34:16 PM
Cruising USA on N64 had lots of US 101 and I think the 10 freeway? Like 7 of the 14 races were in California. The Chicago race definitely  showed the Elevated transit

iPhone
Was going to post this. There were also segments that were supposed to take place on I-90 through South Dakota.

The "US-101" stage is pretty liberal with its location, though. Somehow the Redwood Highway segment took place south of San Francisco, and transitioned directly into the LA area.

sbeaver44

Need for Speed: The Run had a bunch, with somewhat accurate road signs.

As a kid, I played a lot of Road Adventures USA (by the Learning Company) which had basically the entire primary interstate system plus some additional routes.

ET21

The Crew has a reasonable interstate system, but hardly overhead signage whatsoever  :no:
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

ctkatz

san francisco rush had the 101 and I 80 in it (at least the playstation version did).

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.