News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Seasonal allergies

Started by Roadgeekteen, May 18, 2017, 04:29:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you have seasonal allergies?

Yes
11 (57.9%)
No
6 (31.6%)
Maybe
2 (10.5%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Roadgeekteen

I have them. They are very annoying.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

02 Park Ave

My seasonal allergy is to tree pollen.  It hits its peak when the oaks are dropping their pollen.  That is almost finished.  The pines and hollies conclude the season.  Everything seems early this year so the allergy season is just about done.

The symptons are itchy eyes, sudden runny nose, sneezing fits.
C-o-H

vdeane

Never been tested, but probably.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

slorydn1

I don't need a calender to tell me when its April, I can tell you that for sure.

Allegra is my friend!
Please Note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of any governmental agency, non-governmental agency, quasi-governmental agency or wanna be governmental agency

Counties: Counties Visited

1995hoo

Quote from: slorydn1 on May 18, 2017, 08:54:30 PM
I don't need a calender to tell me when its April, I can tell you that for sure.

Allegra is my friend!

Same here, although it doesn't hit me every year. The years with cooler springs tend to be worse for me because it seems like everything hits all at once.

This week is the first in about a month that I haven't needed Allegra.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

epzik8

I took a generic Benadryl for mine that expired in 2009 and IT WORKED BIG TIME. Holy cow!
From the land of red, white, yellow and black.

My clinched highways: http://tm.teresco.org/user/?u=epzik8
My clinched counties: http://mob-rule.com/user-gifs/USA/epzik8.gif

7/8

I have seasonal allergies, since I notice I get an itchy nose during the springtime. I don't find it too bad though, and the medication I tried didn't seem to help, so I don't bother taking them anymore.

sparker

I have one of the worst allergies one can have out here in CA: dandelions (pollen, sap, pretty much every part of the plant).  Discovered early on by eating a salad with dandelion greens as an ingredient when I was a kid (being 1/4 Greek that was bound to happen!).  Regurgitated the stuff and got a rash to boot -- so when panel tests were run sometime later, it wasn't surprising to see a definitive allergy present.  Got me out of weeding chores as a kid -- but my folks found plenty of other things for me to do! 

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: sparker on May 22, 2017, 03:23:48 AM
I have one of the worst allergies one can have out here in CA: dandelions (pollen, sap, pretty much every part of the plant).  Discovered early on by eating a salad with dandelion greens as an ingredient when I was a kid (being 1/4 Greek that was bound to happen!).  Regurgitated the stuff and got a rash to boot -- so when tests were fun sometime later, it wasn't surprising to see a definitive allergy present.  Got me out of weeding chores as a kid -- but my folks found plenty of other things for me to do!
Well, I needed eye drops this year.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

J N Winkler

In the past I used to have a hogweed/ragweed allergy that drove me to take loratadine (over the counter) and triamcinolone acetonide (on prescription), but in the past five years or so all I have had is the occasional sneeze.  I think a contributing factor to the apparent relief is irrigating my sinuses with a neti pot every night, which I have done since late 2009.
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

hm insulators

Not myself but my neighbor Arnold gets them real bad, especially when the ash trees bloom. (Ash trees do have flowers; little tiny green ones just before they leaf out.)
Remember: If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

I'd rather be a child of the road than a son of a ditch.

At what age do you tell a highway that it's been adopted?

Desert Man

Unknown...unless I'm totally sure (medical tests) on certain grasses and perfumes or fragrances are my triggers. I live in an area once popular with Hay Fever sufferers, but we're now among the top 10 worst places for allergy sufferers. In this millennia, anti-allergy medicines would work everywhere in the US, then again don't live here.
Get your kicks...on Route 99! Like to turn 66 upside down. The other historic Main street of America.

Roadgeekteen

Thank godness they are gone.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.