News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Where were you when The Great Forum Outage of 2017 happened?

Started by MNHighwayMan, June 09, 2017, 02:36:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

epzik8

Sitting in my bedroom on my laptop, and checking the website periodically to see if it was back up yet.
From the land of red, white, yellow and black.

My clinched highways: http://tm.teresco.org/user/?u=epzik8
My clinched counties: http://mob-rule.com/user-gifs/USA/epzik8.gif

LM117

Beyond sitting on my ass and wondering what the hell happened to the forum, I've been ordering new exhaust parts for my '99 Jeep Cherokee. The old Flowmaster custom exhaust system I had installed in January 2008 is beginning to fall apart. The Flowmaster 40 Series Delta Flow muffler itself is still going strong, but the custom pipes and exhaust tip the shop used aren't stainless steel. The exhaust tip is rusted and looks like shit and has a leak where the tip is welded to the exhaust pipe. The two original factory hangers also need replacing, especially since one of them broke. That's what I get for going cheap.

Hoping to get a new stainless steel system installed next month.
“I don’t know whether to wind my ass or scratch my watch!” - Jim Cornette

Henry

Referencing the 1993 movie Sleepless in Seattle, because that's exactly what I was!
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

renegade

I spent my time wondering which one of the children on the forum finally broke it.
Don’t ask me how I know.  Just understand that I do.

roadman65

Some of us were on FB. wondering bout this site.  One guy joked about the great MTR restarting too!
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

roadman65

Quote from: renegade on June 09, 2017, 10:58:08 AM
I spent my time wondering which one of the children on the forum finally broke it.
Maybe dzlsabe getting his revenge for us not liking the hypotenuse and his getting kicked out of here lol!
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

cjk374

I was in Folly Beach, SC getting sunburnt, collecting shells and spending time with in-laws. Glad the forum is back up & running. Many thanks to the brainiacs who made this possible.  :clap: :clap: :clap:
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

thenetwork

I had just finished an OS upgrade to my computer.  I had compatibility issues with some of my other apps after rebooting, requiring an uninstalling/reinstalling of those programs.  I thought it was me!

bandit957

Might as well face it, pooing is cool

Rushmeister

...and then the psychiatrist chuckled.

kkt

I-39

Quote from: roadman65 on June 09, 2017, 11:01:00 AM
Maybe dzlsabe getting his revenge for us not liking the hypotenuse and his getting kicked out of here lol!

Are you for sure he's been kicked out?

spooky

Quote from: I-39 on June 09, 2017, 01:40:01 PM

I think he was temporarily banned and is back?

texaskdog

US71

Quote from: spooky on June 09, 2017, 02:04:03 PM

"Permanent hiatus"
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

MNHighwayMan

PHLBOS

I was in the office checking every now & then to see when it would be back on.
GPS does NOT equal GOD

slorydn1

Spent the first couple of nights pissed off because we were unusually slow at work thse 2 nights so once I was done reading the news I was bored all night.

After that I didn't notice very much because I was doing the other things I usually do on my days off.
Please Note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of any governmental agency, non-governmental agency, quasi-governmental agency or wanna be governmental agency

Counties: Counties Visited

PHLBOS

GPS does NOT equal GOD

I-39

Quote from: US71 on June 09, 2017, 06:32:58 PM
Quote from: spooky on June 09, 2017, 02:04:03 PM

"Permanent hiatus"

Good. It's nice and quiet without him around to spam the forum.

US71

Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

slorydn1

Quote from: US71 on June 09, 2017, 08:09:21 PM
Quote from: PHLBOS on June 09, 2017, 07:09:04 PM
Quote from: bandit957 on June 09, 2017, 11:22:06 AM
I was pooing.
TMI, I hope you weren't doing this afterwards lol.  :-D

Don't give him any ideas.

Why not? As long as he confines it to his own screen I have no problems with it.  :-D
Please Note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of any governmental agency, non-governmental agency, quasi-governmental agency or wanna be governmental agency

Counties: Counties Visited

allniter89

Quote from: roadman65 on June 09, 2017, 10:12:28 AM
Just doing normal things, as lately I have been so busy even to post when it was up lately.  Even in May for 10 days I was not even on here at all cause there is so much going on.  Try looking after a 90 year old woman who has many health problems and can't drive anymore, you can't even find the time for your own self, plus medical issues of my own.

I feel ya roadman65. I'm caring for my 92yo mom recovering from her 4th TIA (Transient ischemic attack) stroke http://www.strokeassociation.org/STROKEORG/AboutStroke/TypesofStroke/TIA/Transient-Ischemic-Attack-TIA_UCM_492003_SubHomePage.jsp between trying to get her to eat & take meds, waking every couple hours for the bathroom, I'm running on a few hrs sleep a nite. I have a friend dealing with what we're doing & he got some help from care.com He's had a couple of very competent ladies to come in & sit with mom for a few hours to get some me time. Everyone tells me we have to take care of ourselves also. I've put my ad for help there tho no responses yet.
BUY AMERICAN MADE.
SPEED SAFELY.

SignGeek101

Not sure about exactly when it happened, but I think I was at home (was it Saturday?). Honestly thought the forum was hacked again  :-/

Max Rockatansky

Funny about the down time is that after talking to Alex about the Forum status I made a joke that I would probably have all my Big Sur/CA 1 slide segments done by the time it came back up.  Everything was back up and running before I left the house to do the first one this morning.....made myself a liar.  :rolleyes:

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.