EZPass rate border (in-state vs. out of state rates)

Started by ixnay, July 16, 2017, 04:48:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cl94

Quote from: vdeane on July 21, 2017, 07:28:41 PM
Plus not all toll roads have service areas.

And roads that are not tolled have service areas. See Connecticut, Massachusetts and New York City.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

RobbieL2415

Quote from: cl94 on July 20, 2017, 10:31:14 PM
The Thruway Mobils in particular are ridiculous. NYSTA lets them set prices at a few cents higher than the area average of that brand. However, Mobil stations in much of New York are typically a good 5-10 cents more expensive than everything else. Some of them are 15-20 cents more expensive than gas at a nearby exit. I don't eat at Thruway service areas either because prices are generally 20-30% higher and promotions aren't honored. The Sunocos aren't as ridiculous, but still more expensive than the Speedway, Cumberland Farms/Stewart's/Byrne Dairy/7-Eleven or truck stop near an exit.
Mobil is always more expensive for some reason.

Sykotyk

Quote from: cl94 on July 21, 2017, 07:38:28 PM

And roads that are not tolled have service areas. See Connecticut, Massachusetts and New York City.

MA 128 predates I-95, so that's why there's plazas there. Any other state route can have them. No law against it. Connecticut is the former Connecticut Turnpike, which is why they still have them. The Western Kentucky Parkway has one plaza, though it's apparently shuttered for right now.

vdeane

Quote from: cl94 on July 21, 2017, 07:38:28 PM

Regarding HB's proposal to not tax gas bought on toll road service plazas, I assume these would not be included in that.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

hbelkins

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.