CBS to have a streaming service for CBS Sports

Started by bing101, August 07, 2017, 07:52:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bing101

SP Cook

Most of the best sports that CBS covers retained their own streaming rights.  PGA Tour, The Masters, PGA Championship, NCAA March Madness, NFL.  You would be paying for regular season college football and basketball, and ther small time auto racing to fills CBSSN's line up most days.

DeaconG

Maybe they should spend more time working on CBS AllAccess first (cough Star Trek:Discovery train wreck cough)...
Dawnstar: "You're an ape! And you can talk!"
King Solovar: "And you're a human with wings! Reality holds surprises for everyone!"
-Crisis On Infinite Earths #2

SP Cook

Yes  STD will go down as one of the largest failures in TV history.  If you don't know, to get the show in the USA, you have to pay upwards of $9 for this "CBS All-Access" .  All CBS All-Access is, is this show, a female political preach fest continuation of the cancelled Good Wife, a webcam in the Big Brother house, and reruns out of the CBS vault. 

Problems?  Yeah. 

$9/month for three random shows whose target audiences seem totally different and reruns.

The passwords work "across devices" which means that one person could pay for a subscription and give the password to everybody he knows.

The show is on the "Space" channel in Canada, a regular cable channel that everybody with cable gets, and on regular Netflix everywhere else.  Thus the shows will be pirated and on youtube within seconds of being shown.

The STD show itself has been set back for re-working (it was supposed to be out last January) and looks to be, from leaked scripts and rumors, a PC political preachfest. 

DeaconG

Quote from: SP Cook on August 09, 2017, 08:53:31 AM
Yes  STD will go down as one of the largest failures in TV history.  If you don't know, to get the show in the USA, you have to pay upwards of $9 for this "CBS All-Access" .  All CBS All-Access is, is this show, a female political preach fest continuation of the cancelled Good Wife, a webcam in the Big Brother house, and reruns out of the CBS vault. 

Problems?  Yeah. 

$9/month for three random shows whose target audiences seem totally different and reruns.

The passwords work "across devices" which means that one person could pay for a subscription and give the password to everybody he knows.

The show is on the "Space" channel in Canada, a regular cable channel that everybody with cable gets, and on regular Netflix everywhere else.  Thus the shows will be pirated and on youtube within seconds of being shown.

The STD show itself has been set back for re-working (it was supposed to be out last January) and looks to be, from leaked scripts and rumors, a PC political preachfest. 

Check out Midnight's Edge reports of STD on YouTube, these guys are usually dead-on.

https://youtu.be/ri6DOS2gDyw?list=PLPowVAXtN3lXh_zqVV99vIr1RE6mGCDXK
https://youtu.be/Km5qVwZvjm8?list=PLPowVAXtN3lXh_zqVV99vIr1RE6mGCDXK
https://youtu.be/3I3y3_QmBsQ?list=PLPowVAXtN3lXh_zqVV99vIr1RE6mGCDXK
https://youtu.be/tQcLLfzzKWA
King Solovar: "And you're a human with wings! Reality holds surprises for everyone!"

Alps

Problems?  Yeah. 

Heavens no, there might be minorities and gays in prominent roles! Really, you couldn't be more transparent.
But what does Star Trek have to do with sports??

SP Cook

Genius:

EVERY ST series has had people of different races in prominent roles.  Even in the 1960s original when it was really unique.  You obviously don't know me, and you obviously don't know anything about ST.  But yelling "racist" is really easy compared to having a take and contributing to a discussion. 

bing101

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQV2ChAdj7A

Can we go back to the thread here, If the CBS Sports Stream feed is released then sports like Bowling will be available.

vdeane

Quote from: SP Cook on August 10, 2017, 09:07:39 AM
Genius:

EVERY ST series has had people of different races in prominent roles.  Even in the 1960s original when it was really unique.  You obviously don't know me, and you obviously don't know anything about ST.  But yelling "racist" is really easy compared to having a take and contributing to a discussion. 
You're the one who called Star Trek: Discovery "a PC political preachfest".  Your exact words:

Problems?  Yeah. 

The STD show itself has been set back for re-working (it was supposed to be out last January) and looks to be, from leaked scripts and rumors, a PC political preachfest
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

bing101

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyrnhxGKgoo

Guys move the argument back to sports like this more PBA games on the streaming side and live.

bugo

I watch all my sports on a pirate website that I discovered years ago. I sometimes watch on the ESPN3 website but often the pirate site works better. The pirate feeds are often out of other countries, and it's watching college football on ESPN America out of the UK. The commercials are interesting.

DeaconG

The reason why the thread got derailed is because I mentioned that CBS ALREADY has issues with their AllAccess streaming service (of which STD is supposed to jumpstart it) and it's a current failure.  Having a sports streaming service that you're going to have to pay good money for and get a fraction of the content you can get through regular cable or over-the-air? You can't get AllAccess to work! Who's bright idea was this?

SP Cook

Quote from: vdeane on August 10, 2017, 01:02:37 PM

You're the one who called Star Trek: Discovery "a PC political preachfest".  Your exact words:

And I said the political preaching was about gender, race, or sexual proclivities exactly where?

You obviously don't know much about ST.  That is fine, this is a board about roads, there are crates full of discussions elsewhere exactly about what STD is going off the rail upon.  If you did, you would know what I am talking about.  You don't.  What is not fine is continuing to insult people with ill formed accusations that simply are not true. It is insulting and rude.  It takes away from the discussion. 

bing101

SP Cook

Turner.  AKA TNT, TBS, and TruTV.  As with CBS, again, the streaming rights to most of the major sports Turner shows (MLB, NBA, PGA Championship) are not included, as the streaming rights remain with the leagues and are sold seperatly.  This, for right now, is about eurosoccer.  I don't advocate stealing, but probably the easiest thing to watch for free on pirate internet sites is eurosoccer. 

In other news, Sinclair announced that it will stream its new .2 network, Stadium TV, for free on the Pluto website, in addition to previously announced deal with Twitter.

bing101

bugo

Quote from: SP Cook on August 11, 2017, 09:31:41 AM
What is not fine is continuing to insult people with ill formed accusations that simply are not true. It is insulting and rude.  It takes away from the discussion. 

Man up, you precious little snowflake.

bing101

SP Cook

Downloaded the app.

Wow.  Can you say "unprepared".  The highlights on it are between a week and six months old.  First story under "college football" is a preview of the Rose Bowl.  First story under college basketball is last Saturday's games.  And it has a category for "Boomer and Carton", which was CBSSN's morning show.  Until Carton was hauled off by the feds, six months ago and fired. 

Wow.  Pure amateur hour.

BTW, just finished STD (downloaded it quite legally via Netflix when I was out of the country).  Worse than I thought.  There literally are fan-made youtubes with $4K budgets that are better.

gilpdawg

Quote from: SP Cook on February 27, 2018, 09:26:56 AM
Downloaded the app.

Wow.  Can you say "unprepared".  The highlights on it are between a week and six months old.  First story under "college football" is a preview of the Rose Bowl.  First story under college basketball is last Saturday's games.  And it has a category for "Boomer and Carton", which was CBSSN's morning show.  Until Carton was hauled off by the feds, six months ago and fired. 

Wow.  Pure amateur hour.

BTW, just finished STD (downloaded it quite legally via Netflix when I was out of the country).  Worse than I thought.  There literally are fan-made youtubes with $4K budgets that are better.
I don't think you are watching the correct thing? CBS Sports HQ have people in a studio talking live (or live and then looped}, like a 24 hr. highlight/news show.

iPad

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.