AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Author Topic: Cleveland Innerbelt Construction  (Read 6900 times)

The Premier

• Last Login: December 31, 2020, 12:13:55 AM
Cleveland Innerbelt Construction
« on: April 16, 2011, 01:45:48 PM »

ODOT has announced that they are starting the construction for the new Innerbelt bridge.

Early this week, ODOT permanently closed the ramp to I-77 South from I-90 East and I-90 West from I-77 North.

Two Interstate 77/90 Ramps to Close Permanently as Part of Innerbelt Work
Motorists will be rerouted via Interstate 490

CLEVELAND (Tuesday, April 5, 2011) — Beginning overnight, Sunday April 10 and Monday, April 11 crews on behalf of the Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) will permanently close the Interstate 90 eastbound ramp to Interstate 77 southbound as well as the Interstate 77 northbound ramp to Interstate 90 westbound.

Motorists will be rerouted via Interstate 490 and the roadway will be prominently designated and signed to direct motorists via the new route.

These ramps are seldom used because of their redundancy with Interstate 490 and extend the trips of those motorists traveling from the south to the west or from the west to the south.  The closure of these ramps will also eliminate the cluttered tangle of ramps in the area and remove conflict points and increase safety for motorists.     

Motorists who typically use the Interstate 77 northbound ramp to Interstate 90 westbound to access the Tremont neighborhood via either the W. 14th Street or Abbey Avenue exits will be rerouted via Interstate 490 to W. 7th Street.  Motorists may continue on W. 7th Street in the northwest direction in order to reach those businesses and homes in the Tremont neighborhood.

Tremont residents who typically use W. 14th Street to enter I-90 eastbound and access Interstate 77 southbound will no longer be able to access Interstate 77 this way.  These motorists will instead use W. 7th Street to access Interstate 490 eastbound and Interstate 77.

In September 2010, the project was awarded to Walsh Construction and designer HNTB Ohio Inc. for a total bid amount of $287.4 million.  Using the unique design-build process in which the design and construction of the project are combined in a single contract, the team will complete substantial construction of the new westbound bridge during the fall of 2013 — nearly a year earlier than originally anticipated.
Alex P. Dent

Stephane Dumas

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 08:08:03 PM
Re: Cleveland Innerbelt Construction
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 03:21:43 PM »

I dust-off this subject with these plans of the Innerbelt vincity
http://www.dot.state.oh.us/projects/ClevelandUrbanCoreProjects/Innerbelt/Documents/CG%20large_10-21-10sm.pdf
Looks like I-90 will got connector roads from Carnegie Avenue to Chester Avenue

Buck87

• Aesculus glabra

• Last Login: March 14, 2024, 09:33:38 PM
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2017, 08:40:56 PM »

Now that the I-90 George Voinovich bridges are done, ODOT is starting on the next phase of the overall Cleveland Innerbelt Modernization, which is the Contract 6B project at I-77 and Broadway Ave (OH 14): http://www.dot.state.oh.us/districts/D12/Deputy%20Director/News/Pages/Next-Phase-of-the-Cleveland-Innerbelt-Modernization-Plan-is-Getting-Underway.aspx

That's just one small project in the long range plan to redo the interstates through downtown Cleveland, here's a list summarizing future projects and their estimated costs and start dates: http://www.dot.state.oh.us/projects/ClevelandUrbanCoreProjects/Innerbelt/Pages/default.aspx

NE2

• fuck

• Last Login: March 11, 2024, 12:16:05 AM
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2017, 08:58:54 PM »

How did FHWA sign off on removing two of the ramps at I-90 and I-77? They seem to throw a shitfit about incomplete interchanges.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

dvferyance

• Last Login: March 16, 2024, 02:32:51 PM
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2017, 06:52:30 PM »

How did FHWA sign off on removing two of the ramps at I-90 and I-77? They seem to throw a shitfit about incomplete interchanges.
They really weren't needed they were hardly ever used. I-490 is a shorter connector anyways.

NE2

• fuck

• Last Login: March 11, 2024, 12:16:05 AM
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2017, 07:38:25 PM »

They really weren't needed they were hardly ever used. I-490 is a shorter connector anyways.
I agree, but FHWA can be a dick about partial interchanges. See I-215 and I-210 (one of the reasons SR 210 didn't become I-210).
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

compdude787

• Last Login: March 05, 2024, 09:47:57 PM
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2017, 01:37:01 AM »

I agree, but FHWA can be a dick about partial interchanges. See I-215 and I-210 (one of the reasons SR 210 didn't become I-210).

I thought that that case was just because Caltrans didn't want to apply for Interstate designation for that stretch of CA 210. I don't think that has anything to do with the FHWA not liking partial interchanges because there are plenty of those around the United States.

Revive 755

• Last Login: March 13, 2024, 10:56:10 PM
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2017, 12:17:42 PM »

I don't think that has anything to do with the FHWA not liking partial interchanges because there are plenty of those around the United States.

That may be, but going off of the reports posted online prior to the start of the reconstruction of the I-55/US 40 interchange at the west end of the Poplar Street Bridge are any indication, FHWA will make DOTs study adding any missing movements anytime the DOT wants to rebuild a partial interchange.

thenetwork

• Last Login: March 17, 2024, 11:28:55 AM
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2017, 10:33:34 PM »

And right now, if somebody *really* wanted to Access I-77 from I-90 East, they would just exit at SR-14/Orange Ave., and follow it down to East 30th where a ramp will take you right onto I-77.  Maybe adds up to 3 extra minutes.

Now accessing I-90 West from I-77 is a bit trickier, but again its only a 2-3 minute detour using E. 18th to E. 9th, Orange/Ontario to E.9th, or E. 9th to Ontario -- all via Carnegie. 

Either way, the freeway is always in sight right next to you so those are now pretty much Breezewood movements.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.