News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

SIGNS FOR SALE OR TRADE

Started by ctsignguy, March 01, 2009, 12:32:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

US71

I have a couple 6x6 inch Stop signs and three  6 1/4 x 5 inch Chevron signs to sell. I'm asking $5 each plus $2 shipping.  All are aluminum and have the honeycomb prismatic sheeting.

I don't feel like messing with e-bay for these since I'd probably have to charge $8-10 starting just to cover their fees.

If you're going to the Wichita Road Meet, I can hand deliver and save you postage :)
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Alps

I was inspired to post a few signs that have been sitting around, that I could stand to get rid of, since I'd like to get more but I don't have the wall space. Prices do not include shipping, since I see many of you (or drive by your area) throughout the course of the year. Shipping in the past has been around $10 for similar signs.

www.alpsroads.net/roads/fl/i-275/275.jpg - 2-digit "error" for a 3-digit route, state not specified but similar to those I've seen in Florida. Six mounting holes, 3 top 3 bottom. High-intensity sheeting, condition as shown (scratches/scuffs honestly more visible in that photo than in real life, as I look at the shield). $50

www.alpsroads.net/roads/tx/misc/c104.jpg - A style no longer used by the county. I believe it's because of the small digits, only 8 inches. Yellow letters are on a black background before being applied to the blue sheeting. Light scratches as shown. $45

County shield (gold legend/blue background) NORTH and turn arrow signs - No photo, these do not quite match the CR 104 (lighter blue). NORTH does not have a larger initial first letter. Arrow is either left or right (obviously can be flipped 180). Each has two mounting holes with light wear, more moderate wear around the border. Arrow has two small gouges, one near either hole. NORTH has one larger gouge by the right border (down to metal) and between NO. $13 each, $25 pair.

www.alpsroads.net/roads/or/old_30/us.jpg _or_ (NOT AND) a Kentucky US 41 - I have two state-name US shields, and I really don't need both. The US 41 shield is a paler whitish gray (not the yellowish of the 30), and the black legend is faded. No obvious peeling like on the 30, though some scuffing of the "4". Dark marks around the two mounting holes, a possible rust discoloration or two around the right edge. $75 for either, your choice.

www.alpsroads.net/roads/wy/i-80/wy.jpg - Similar condition to the I-275, mounting holes around the edge instead of in two rows. Pretty much exactly as you see here. $65

If you're interested and you want a photo of the ones I don't have, let me know. Would rather give to y'all rather than post on e-Bay. Hey, they make great Christmas presents, too!

agentsteel53

heh, I used to own that Oregon about 5 years ago.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

Alps

Quote from: agentsteel53 on December 04, 2013, 08:27:25 PM
heh, I used to own that Oregon about 5 years ago.
I like it, it's just that I got that and the KY US 41 at around the same time, and I don't really need both. I'm not sure I can part with either one, but I'll look at offers.

bscout1

Is anyone selling any California state route shields? I'm specifically looking for shields from the Southern California region. Right now I have a couple of cardinal direction auxiliary panels and would like to pair them up with some shields.

US71

Quote from: bscout1 on February 01, 2014, 12:41:05 AM
Is anyone selling any California state route shields? I'm specifically looking for shields from the Southern California region. Right now I have a couple of cardinal direction auxiliary panels and would like to pair them up with some shields.
Agentsteel is the goto guy for that.

Davidwrangley

Yeah, signs are very important for human life. Also there are lots of online shop that offer a wide range of safety signs. You can go through and find out appropriate signs for your needs. But I'm from AU.

NE2

Quote from: Davidwrangley on February 09, 2014, 12:57:36 AM
Yeah, signs are very important for human life. Also there are lots of online shop that offer a wide range of safety signs. You can go through and find out appropriate signs for your needs. But I'm from AU.
This reads like spam without the link.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

pghgal_90

Thanks for the folks who helped me when I asked about signs - I don't have a ton of extra money right now seeing as I am moving in a week, but just in case: is anyone in possession of any or all of the following signs: PA 51, OH 682, US 33, US 19, I-579 (preferably with Pennsylvania on the shield), I-279, or I-376?

Haeleus

I am looking for a Colorado I-70 shield, nothing on Ebay so far but perhaps someone here has one to sell...

US71

Quote from: Haeleus on May 17, 2014, 02:19:16 PM
I am looking for a Colorado I-70 shield, nothing on Ebay so far but perhaps someone here has one to sell...

Agentsteel53 can likely help.

Haeleus

Quote from: US71 on May 17, 2014, 06:54:16 PM

Does he sell used signs or are you referring to the new sign manufacturing? I should clarify I like browsing for used signs that have been on the pole; I'm not interested in buying a new replica.

US71

Quote from: Haeleus on May 17, 2014, 06:59:40 PM
Quote from: US71 on May 17, 2014, 06:54:16 PM

Does he sell used signs or are you referring to the new sign manufacturing? I should clarify I like browsing for used signs that have been on the pole; I'm not interested in buying a new replica.

Both. Sometimes he knows "just the right person". He found me an Arkansas marker (non-replica) a while back

Fred Defender

Forgive my ignorance...but what does the law say about buying, selling, or even possessing such signs? I've got this I-75 sign hanging in my garage. A buddy of mine got it for me (stole it?) for my birthday in November of 1980 prior to the highway's opening in Sarasota County.

It's not like I really want to sell it; I'm just curious what the legalities are. Obviously, the statute of limitations ran out a long time ago.

AGAM

Alps

Quote from: Fred Defender on December 05, 2014, 02:08:35 PM
Forgive my ignorance...but what does the law say about buying, selling, or even possessing such signs? I've got this I-75 sign hanging in my garage. A buddy of mine got it for me (stole it?) for my birthday in November of 1980 prior to the highway's opening in Sarasota County.

It's not like I really want to sell it; I'm just curious what the legalities are. Obviously, the statute of limitations ran out a long time ago.

The sign trade is alive and well. Join in.

ModernDayWarrior

Hello all. First-time poster but a long-time reader of this forum; I've been fascinated by maps and roads (especially road signs) for as long as I can remember.

I hope this is okay to post. I wanted to let everyone know about some road signs I have for sale on eBay:

US Route 56
US Route 160
US Route 60

I bought these signs on eBay myself, several years ago. They've been sitting in my garage ever since. But I'm now in the process of moving and need the extra space as well as the cash. So I figure it's time to pass them on to another worthy collector.

Each of the links has more details about the signs as well as pictures.

I would be happy to combine shipping to save money if you buy more than one. Also, if you happen to live near me (southwest Missouri) and could come pick the signs up from me in the next few days to eliminate shipping altogether, I would be open to that too.

These auctions end tomorrow (Sunday, December 7) between 7:30 and 8:00 PM Central time.

Thanks for reading.

KG909

Anyone else got more signs? Preferably like 90s-00s so they wouldn't super fucking expensive
~Fuccboi

signsteelr

Looking for a company (or someONE... I thought at one point or maybe still... someone on here, actually was making signs for people on request for purchase) to make a DC 295 sign.

Closest I could find was Rice Signs, but of course they have every shield available except DC (its "grayed" out on their site)... and chances of me getting one otherwise is slim to none.  I'm thinking they are probably less than 10 in existence on the actual highway anyway... if they even replace them periodically...

Anyway... any idears?

ctsignguy

Quote from: signsteelr on November 22, 2015, 06:46:21 AM
Looking for a company (or someONE... I thought at one point or maybe still... someone on here, actually was making signs for people on request for purchase) to make a DC 295 sign.

Closest I could find was Rice Signs, but of course they have every shield available except DC (its "grayed" out on their site)... and chances of me getting one otherwise is slim to none.  I'm thinking they are probably less than 10 in existence on the actual highway anyway... if they even replace them periodically...

Anyway... any idears?

http://trafficsignstore.com/guide.html
http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u102/ctsignguy/<br /><br />Maintaining an interest in Fine Highway Signs since 1958....

WestSide Highway

I'm looking for a modern CA I 15 or I 40 sign. Anyone have one and willing to sell?

US71

Also check with Mike Hay/  Precision Sign & Traffic Supplies

Ingsoc75

I wish I was able to get a Montana P&R speed limit sign before they replaced them in 1999.

Talk about the holy grail of US speed limit signs.
Check out my Speed Limit Sign Gallery.

Brian556

I got several signs for sale:

1. Green 4x8ft wood BGS, button copy, reads "Highland Village -->"
2. US 87 button copy cutout, for BGS's, appx 30x32
3. Turn w/symbol, embossed steel, bad shape 24x24
4. ROAD CLOSED 24x24 steel, border embossed, words not, yellow square
5. <--Stamford 40 black/white wood 4.5ftx 8in Texas sign
6. 18x18 Farm Road Sign 1954 spec, steel, reflective paint (probably gonna put on ebay due to small size)
7. ROAD WORK AHEAD 36x36 wood EG never used
8. Raised pavement markers, several
9. Vintage double/triple reflectors in metal housing
10. Yellow YIELD, 1961 style, reflective
11. Yellow YIELD, 1954 style, but with all words same size, non-reflective
12. DO NOT ENTER, worded 1948 spec, non-reflective, made in 90's
13  DETOUR, 18x5ft, wood, current spec

+maybe others

Message me if interested, include your email address so I can send you pics

csw

Quote from: Fred Defender on December 05, 2014, 02:08:35 PM

[img width=200 height=375]http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f221/SharpestJim/I-75Sign_zps8298d4c0.jpg[ /img]

Responding to a three year old post to say that even possession of road signs is a prosecutable offense, at least in Indiana.

MCRoads

I'm looking for signs. Any signs. As well as traffic cones/drums, raised pavement markers, stoplights, BGS's and maybe a part of a crash attenuators. As much as I would like all that, some of it is probably massive, and not something I could convince my mom and dad to get...
I build roads on Minecraft. Like, really good roads.
Interstates traveled:
4/5/10*/11**/12**/15/25*/29*/35(E/W[TX])/40*/44**/49(LA**)/55*/64**/65/66*/70°/71*76(PA*,CO*)/78*°/80*/95°/99(PA**,NY**)

*/** indicates a terminus/termini being traveled
° Indicates a gap (I.E Breezwood, PA.)

more room plz

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.