News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

US-30 through Portland

Started by Quillz, September 07, 2011, 08:02:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xonhulu

That US 43 goof is one of two along this stretch.  I posted a photo of the other one awhile back; here it is again:

They're put up to direct you how to get on southbound 43.  Here, northbound Macadam and southbound Hood function a lot like frontage roads to I-5, until Hood crosses below I-5 to merge with Macadam just before I-5 begins to climb away from the river.

agentsteel53

I just drove through Portland on I-5 north, and I saw a sign that makes the US-43 look perfect: an Oregon state 43 that is completely flattened, to what looked like a 24x12 form factor.  I did not manage to snap a picture - it is a detour sign which is turned around on the southbound frontage road, and therefore is only visible to northbound travelers.

anyone want to get a photo of that for us? 
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

Bickendan

^It's on my list, though I don't have as many opportunities as I'd like.

To note, US 43 signs are also present on the southern end of the highway, thanks to the Oregon City Arch Bridge reconstruction detouring OR 43 onto the Abernathy Bridge (I-205) and onto McGloughlin Blvd (OR 99E).

xonhulu

Quote from: Bickendan on February 10, 2012, 02:02:30 PM
^It's on my list, though I don't have as many opportunities as I'd like.

To note, US 43 signs are also present on the southern end of the highway, thanks to the Oregon City Arch Bridge reconstruction detouring OR 43 onto the Abernathy Bridge (I-205) and onto McGloughlin Blvd (OR 99E).

I've been meaning to check out the progress on the Arch Bridge, since it was one of the places we visited on the Portland Road Meet a couple years ago.

Speaking of sites we toured on that meet: I drove the rebuilt 99E viaduct for the first time last weekend.  Very impressive.  I didn't take any pictures, though:  do you have some to share?

Bickendan

None at the moment, though that should be relatively easy to correct... I'll add it to the queue, including shots taken from the Ross Island Bridge ;)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.